FIFA 09

alldaws1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realised my connection was turned off so that's why I've not joined yet, can't be playing Fallout with it freezing every 5 minutes.

EDIT: Might have to change my team, forgot how pitifully bad I am at using Rangers. :(

City were already taken though, mind if I change to Pompey?

Edited by Captain Kirk

I'll create a new online account as my brother will probably disapprove of me ruining his ranking. Is it possible/easy to do that?

It's possible, and should be quite easy if you follow the instructions. I'm not entirely sure if the league games are played under ranked games anyway. I don't think they are, so you wouldn't need a 2nd account.

I'm almost certain that they're not actually, given that you can choose the half length. Ours will be 5mins btw, just like ranked games.

Edited by Baddar D

League games are definetely unranked as it doesn't act as a proper league anyway just tallying up everyone's league games with each other. So one person can have 25 games to another's 4.

Any idea if these games can be viewed by a guest/me just to make sure there's no shenanigans?

Edited by Baddar D

Meh, double post.

----

Might as well use this for something...

I've got the fixture list sorted based on the 7 team league. All will be revealed once AJ and rvdwannabe sign up. metalman will sign up over the weekend, but he's been conveniently given the opening bye/no game.

Edited by Baddar D

We still need rvdwannabe/metalman to get signed up, but here's the basic rules for the league;

RULES

- There will be 7 Rounds, and each player will have 7 games.

- Games must be played by the end of the arranged set time for each round. If you can't make the set time for your game, PM me at least 24 hours before the Round is set to finish. If you fail to do so, you will automatically forfeit the match.

- Anyone who disconnects just because they're getting hammered will be removed from the league straight away.

- 3 points for a win. Draws are decided by Extra Time/Penalties, as you already know. Cool One, I'm looking at you in particular. ¬_¬

- If two or more people are level on points at the top of the table after Round 7, the league will be decided in this order: Goals Scored, Goals Conceded. In the unlikely event that these are equal, a playoff game will be played between the teams involved.

FIXTURES

Round 1 - Starting Thursday 13th November/Ending Monday 17th November

metalman v TheArsenal/TheArsenal

Baddar/Badd-um-tsch v AJ/junkd03

Stormshadow/Gabriel Sylar v rvdwannabe/rvdwannabe

The Cool One/Nalareg v Captain Kirk/J-Maestro

Round 2 - TBC

rvdwannabe/rvdwannabe v TheArsenal/TheArsenal

AJ/junkd03 v Captain Kirk/J-Maestro

metalman v The Cool One/Nalareg

Baddar/Badd-um-tsch v Stormshadow/Gabriel Sylar

Round 3 - TBC

Stormshadow/Gabriel Sylar v TheArsenal/TheArsenal

The Cool One/Nalareg v Baddar/Badd-um-tsch

Captain Kirk/J-Maestro v metalman

rvdwannabe/rvdwannabe v AJ/junkd03

Round 4 - TBC

AJ/junkd03 v TheArsenal/TheArsenal

metalman v rvdwannabe/rvdwannabe

Baddar/Badd-um-tsch v Captain Kirk/J-Maestro

Stormshadow/Gabriel Sylar v The Cool One/Nalareg

Round 5 - TBC

The Cool One/Nalareg v TheArsenal/TheArsenal

Captain Kirk/J-Maestro v Stormshadow/Gabriel Sylar

rvdwannabe/rvdwannabe v Baddar/Badd-um-tsch

AJ/junkd03 v metalman

Round 6 - TBC

Baddar/Badd-um-tsch v TheArsenal/TheArsenal

Stormshadow/Gabriel Sylar v metalman

The Cool One/Nalareg v AJ/junkd03

Captain Kirk/J-Maestro v rvdwannabe/rvdwannabe

Round 7 - TBC

Captain Kirk/J-Maestro v TheArsenal/TheArsenal

rvdwannabe/rvdwannabe v The Cool One/Nalareg

AJ/junkd03 v Stormshadow/Gabriel Sylar

metalman v Baddar/Badd-um-tsch

If anyone has any questions, ask them via PM.

To confirm, the Round 1 fixtures must be played by 23:59GMT on Monday 17th November. Once these are out of the way, dates/deadlines will be set for Round 2.

I'll post the updated table/results after each round in this thread. And I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I'll be able to get my game played tomorrow. (Y)

Edited by Baddar D

I've joined as Aston Villa.

Despite them being the same star rating as Newcastle, I'd imagine there would've been some fuss if I'd have chosen Roma <_<

edit: On inspection of the fixtures. Baddar, I'm off nights as of tomorrow so will be awake from 12 noon but may be out for tea later on. What times are best for you?

6 games, is that all? We're not playing each other twice? Also, Let TheArsenal in! It'll screw everything up, but who cares!

Man, I didn't see there was a PS3 league going on..... If you guys do another one, I'm in.

You could always join anyway and take the spot of what would be the "bye" game?

EDIT: And AJ, I should be fine from about 1.30pm ish. I've got to be given time to get home from work, eat dinner, get prepared etc. for the game. :shifty:

Edited by Baddar D

Man, I didn't see there was a PS3 league going on..... If you guys do another one, I'm in.

EDIT: And AJ, I should be fine from about 1.30pm ish. I've got to be given time to get home from work, eat dinner, get prepared etc. for the game. :shifty:

Awesome. If it's not too late then sign me up!!

Also, I'm feeling ther love for people wanting me in. Thanks guys.... :wub:

Edited by TheArsenal

Prepare? Bwahah. I can see you running up and down the touchline and doing stretches. :P My only preparation is being awake... probs why I'll lose.

D'you think we should make a new thread for this? Save it getting cluttered with normal FIFA 09 talk. Can't see it being a problem.