Chris Cornell

Benji

Cornell_scream.jpg

That... is just awesome album art. I really want to hear this album, Timbaland producing and the fact they managed to write it all in six weeks leaves me to think that Cornell is on one of his creative streaks again, apparently this album is going to be a lot more R&B based which, when combined with his past and totally rock vocals has me intruiged.

Roll on October.

Edited by Benji

Sounds shit to me. Hopefully it isn't.

... have you even heard any of the album yet? What on earth makes it 'sound shit' when you haven't heard it?

The "R&B" part, I assume

R&B, Timbaland producing, that's enough to make it sound shit. Of course, it may surprise, but it doesn't look good.

What they said.

There's a few songs from the album on Youtube already, for those of you who'd want to give it a listen.

Um.

I don't know. I love Cornell and he's probably my favourite vocalist ever but I'm not really liking this so far. It's a bit like he's just singing any of the other generic stuff you hear on the radio rather than the stuff you're used to hearing from him but eh, I'll likely still end up picking up the album when it comes out. It's good he's able to change things up from the same old formula but I think this is a bit too far removed for me to enjoy.

That said, I didn't know this album existed until Benji posted this thread, so I'll watch out of the other tracks, hopefully they'll bear repeated listens. It does seem like an aquired taste, but for people who've heard "r&b" and "timbaland" their minds are already gonna be made up :P

... have you even heard any of the album yet? What on earth makes it 'sound shit' when you haven't heard it?

Yes, a while back I heard a fairly substantial snippet of a song or two. And it did sound so fucking shit. Even Jouzy who loves both Cornell and Timbaland said it was shite.

Yes, a while back I heard a fairly substantial snippet of a song or two. And it did sound so fucking shit. Even Jouzy who loves both Cornell and Timbaland said it was shite.

Fair enough, so long as you're judging from actually hearing it and not just from "it's got [insert genre/artist here] thus will be shit" :)

I fucking hate 'producers' a la Timbaland, Mark Ronson etc. All they do is press a fucking button for a drum loop and fuck off.

At least Mark Ronson has the respect to stay the fuck away from Chris fucking Cornell. Here's a guy who is aruguably somewhat underappreciated, at least by mainstream media, and then Timbaland hops along for the ride? Ugh.

I never thought that I would be uttering 'Chris Cornell' and 'generic' in the same sentence unless it was seperated by 'is not', but thanks Timbaland. It just infuriates me. He's turned my idol it another piece of his generic shit. "Long Gone" sounds no different to "Apologize" by One Republic to me, if that's the one I'm thinking of.

And anyway, why is it Timbaland ft. One Republic/Chris Cornell/whoever? He does jack fucking shit. :angry: [/rant]

After just discovering Cornell's song that's on the Singles soundtrack from 1992, "Seasons", I ask how come he could'nt come up with anything as great as that post-Soundgarden and post-Audioslave? I've heard little of Carry On, but "You Know My Name" is just too plain and "Billie Jean" is boring, and haven't heard any of Eupheria Morning.

oh, and you non-Nickelback fans will gladly take Nickelback as they are as it's rumoured that Timbaland is gonna collaberate with them. If it's true, as a Nickelback fan, I will also join you in tearing off my ears. What next in your global domination of shitness Timbaland, Metallica? <_<:angry: [/rant2]

Though the album artwork is sweet. It sure beats Cornell's logo, which I honestly can't make out except for a 'C'.

EDIT: Of these new songs that I've heard, "Ground Zero" is by far the best. It features vocals similar to "Broken City" or "Original Fire" on Revelations, except with some hiphop beatz and some annoying as hell scream... thing.

Some of the Last.FM comments are great.

On Cornell's page:

Can't wait for his next music video where he walks into a club in slow mo.

Timbaland fans say the beats are marvellous but Chris ruins everything...hilarious.

i have a laptop with fruity loops can I be timbaland now?
Edited by TheModernWay