ATP: Nightmare Before Christmas

Skummy

Normally I start banging on about this festival around June or July time, as I tend to spend all year excited about it - except this time, as good as it is, I haven't been able to confirm that I'm definitely going until today, and didn't want to get my hopes up.

Anyhow, it's the best festival in the world, bar none. It's in Butlins, which makes it thoroughly surreal if nothing else, and the line-up is absolutely incredible, although still possibly not as strong as last year due to, if nothing else, not quite the diversity of last year's. Still bloody brilliant, though. I urge anyone that can afford it to go, as it WILL be one of the best weekends you'll have all year.

Anyhow, here's the line-up:

The Melvins, Fantomas (Performing The Director's Cut), The Damned, Butthole Surfers, Meat Puppets, The Locust, Torche, JG Thirlwell's Manorexia, Zu, Dalek, Soulsavers (feat. Mark Lanegan), White Noise, Mastodon, Neil Hamburger, Farmer's Market, OS MUTANTES, White Noise, Kill Me Tomorrow, Bohren Und Der Club Of Gore, The Dirtbombs, Big Business, Squarepusher, Madlove, Stockhausen's Kontakte, Boss Hog, Double Negative, Rahzel, Tweak Bird, Teenage Jesus & The Jerks (Lydia Lunch, Thurston Moore & Jim Sclavunos), Joe Lally (Fugazi), Mugison, Monotonix, Taraf De Hadouiks.

Probably still a few to be added. Bloody class. I don't know who all the bands are, but the majority of the ones I do know are well worth seeing, and at least two of them are pretty much a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

So...yeah. It will be amazing. I'll be going with/meeting up with a group totalling about twelve or thirteen people, but it'd be pretty spectacular if we could expand on that - get some EWB representation going. That's what this thread should be about. That and me banging on about how bloody brilliant this is going to be. Os FUCKING Mutantes. This is what unbridled glee looks like.

• 2 months later...

Bumpity bump bump bump.

Less than two weeks ago, and I'm giddy with glee at this.

To add to the mental amount of "never thought I'd ever see this band" bands playing (so far including White Noise, Os Mutantes and especially Teenage Jesus & The Jerks)...the final addition to the festival is the original 1983 line-up of the Melvins. Oh my yes.

I am LITERALLY bursting with excitement.