So... Steam

Crybaby Bunting

Just picked up Team Fortress 2 for the PC the other day and had to install Steam, after all the negitivity i'd heard about it I thought it'd be a resources killer or something but it seems to work alright. It's pretty easy to find games and manage demos and video downloads etc.

So anyone else use it?/have an account there?/spend 18+ hours a day on their clan? <_<

I figure we could probably set up some sort of EWB clan or something if enough people have the same sort of games.

My account is SpiderSamboNUFC for anyone intrested

Yeah I used to play HL2 a lot so have Steam installed, and also bought Audiosurf through there and I've had no problems with it. Seems fairly simple to find anything, demos are useful and easy to install. I think most of the negativity came with the initial problems when HL2 came out and everyone tried to activate it at once and fucked the whole system. But I think Valve have definitely learned from that and hopefully such problems shouldn't happen again.

• 3 weeks later...

Felt the need to post this, there are 5 games that you can now get on Steam for free if you already own a source game (like half-life, Team Fortress 2 etc.)

Synergy - What looks like a team based counter-strike thingy

Zombie Panic - Half Life with 1000X more Zombies

Age of Chivalry - Counter-Strike WITH SWORDS :D:D:D

D.I.P.R.I.P - Some sort of car race/fighting game

Insurgency - Sort of like that army game from ages back, the one used for training soldiers.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm going to tell you all once and once only.

Steam are having a frickin huge sale on atm and there's some awesome deals there.

Bioshock is £3.50

Audicity is £3

Complete Valve collection is £40!!!

They are all genuinely good for money games.

EDIT: On that note... would anyone like a free copy of Half Life 2: Episode 1?

Edited by The General

• 1 month later...

I know I'm bumping, but it's not a terribly old topic nor do I want to make a new one - but I have steam. My steamID is th.2005, and the only game I have is TF2 (which I'm pretty bad at). So yeah, add me, EWB people.

• 2 weeks later...