An OOTP Baseball league

Mike Ockizitchy

I'm in one called the WSB. We started off with a lot of guys but were coming up on Season 3 and have weeded out any bad apples. We have a few spots left, about 9 teams to be precise. The Rockies, Jays, Mariners, Nattys, Mets, Rockies, Reds, Phillies and Pirates are all available. There's teams that are contenders now or projects to take on.

Anyone ineterested then here's a link to the league -

http://wsb2.10gbfreehost.com/WSB2.html

After looking at the transaction and team history pages of the Mets and Rockies, it looked like the GMs you had in that circuit sure didn't know what the heck they were doing.

Edited by JuanJoseNYC

Think of it as an offline fantasy baseball league, where armchair managers control a team of their choosing and make off-field decisions based on the team's strengths, weaknesses, and their performances. If you've ever played Baseball Mogul or something to that effect, consider OOTP Baseball to be of a higher caliber than that.

Think of it as an offline fantasy baseball league, where armchair managers control a team of their choosing and make off-field decisions based on the team's strengths, weaknesses, and their performances. If you've ever played Baseball Mogul or something to that effect, consider OOTP Baseball to be of a higher caliber than that.

Easy enough.

I just couldn't tell what the hell was going on really, judging strictly as a first time visitor to that website.

I want the Mets

If you want them just head over to the message board. You can find a link if you click over on that link and in turn go to the bottom left of the page.

I'm mixed on whether we could do it or not. Lowerdeck would know best. Plus you need somebody with the game to run it and some webspace, and then set up a board. If we do do it though, I'd be down.

I run an OOTP league of my own. Just started it up again as I had gotten my hands on opening day rosters for the 2008 season. Only problem might be getting people to export rosters, or having GM's who don't have the game itself.

I think we could pull off a league for all of us. If there is such a thing, I call the Rays :P

Edited by Magus978

I run an OOTP league of my own. Just started it up again as I had gotten my hands on opening day rosters for the 2008 season. Only problem might be getting people to export rosters, or having GM's who don't have the game itself.

I think we could pull off a league for all of us. If there is such a thing, I call the Rays :P

It looks to me like the league that was advertised here runs with GMs who don't own the game, or am I mistaken?

If we do this, I'd like to be Toronto. As much as they break my heart, they're my team.

It looks to me like the league that was advertised here runs with GMs who don't own the game, or am I mistaken?

If we do this, I'd like to be Toronto. As much as they break my heart, they're my team.

The one I advertised, has both. I personally don't have the game. I definetly have this learning curve compared to everyone else and I never played it so it's hard to konw what to expect, but its still fun. That's whats good with OOTP I feel, the site is loaded on webspace and you can do most everything you need to with your team there.

But if we do a league here, by any chance I'm calling dibs on Atlanta or Milwaukee. Probably Brew Crew, but maybe the Braves.

Edited by Mike Ockizitchy

Just to clarify it's not my league. I don't even have the game. But we need some guys, he offered rewards to anyone who brought people in so I posted here. Figured it couldn't hurt.

I joined that league. Do I post somewhere? I am The Rockies just so you know

Just let them know I recruited you so I can snipe those rewards... other then that the commish will let you know.

Actually just post something in like "General Discussion"... Did you talk to anyone from that league, or just say you wanted the Rockies?

Edited by Mike Ockizitchy