WCW: Resurrection

Guest Shayner

Guest Shayner

To: WWFE Inc.

Date: August 1st, 2004

Re: World Championship Wrestling ©

1. On 31 July, 2004 the WWFE Board of Directors met with investors interested in resurrecting the World Championship Wrestling name, through purchase of the name, video library and all associated copyrights. After much deliberation, and hours of legal bartering, the board of directors, Linda and myself struck a compromise with the investment group, headed up by Shayne Steele, and backed by the Heinz Co. out of Pittsburgh, PA.

2. The deal contained within was made in good spirits, and was seen as a financially responsible move for both parties.

The agreement, in a nutshell, is as follows:

Shayne Steele, and his group of investors have obtained the WCW name, under lease from WWFE Inc. WCW will run as a separate entity, but will INITIALLY be able to have WWE wrestlers negotiate with them, and also will initially have WWE funding for its beginnings. Afterward, it is a completely separate entity, a stand alone company owned by Shayne Steele and his backers, but under the WWFE Inc. umbrella. This should not have an impact on WWFE Inc.’s share prices or amounts, and should eventually lead to an even more promising compromise later down the road, hopefully ending with a split of the companies, and a split of profits from the video library and copyrights.

I cannot stress enough that this venture is being run by Mr. Steele, and his backers, who work for themselves, and will only answer to me in matters of dire emergency. This avoids losing the copyright, and having some measure of control over usage of said copyrights, videos, etc…1/3 of all profits will go to WWFE Inc., the rest to the funding individuals, and WCW employees.

Furthermore, Mr. Steele has asked for your full support in this venture, as he attempts to resurrect wrestling’s age of competition and desire. He fully believes that this undertaking will allow for a reversion back to the finer days of the sport, and asks you all to assist him in his quest. He has received my full endorsement, and also, my blessing to do what needs to be done.

Thank you,

Vincent K. McMahon

Guest Shayner

The following aired during tonight's edition of WWE Raw.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!

World Championship Wrestling announces it's first 5 signings from the WWE!!

"Hello all. For those of you who do not know me, I am Shayne R. Steele, brand new owner and proprietor of World Championship Wrestling. Per my agreement with Mr. McMahon, WWE wrestlers are free to negotiate contracts for 30 days with the new World Championship Wrestling. I am very excited to announce that in just 24 hours, WCW has managed to obtain 3 highly talented wrestlers, and two very revered staff members for our new beginning.

So with no further delay, allow me to introduce the newest members, of World Championship Wrestling.

First, Chuck Palumbo. A tag team staple in the latter days of WCW, and someone who we in WCW feel can make an impact as a new superstar in our return.

Next, Rob Conway. A young, bright, up and comer who has impressed with his talent, looks, and skills on the stick, enough for us to bring him in for our Resurrection.

Finally, the 3rd WWE wrestler we have signed...

Rob Van Dam, The Whole Damn Show. Unhappy with the WWE, and feeling underappreciated, this young man has skills on top of skills, and promises to be a flagship star in the new World Championship Wrestling.

We have also come to terms with announcer Josh Matthews, as well as Road Agent/Trainer Lance Storm. We feel very strongly about the skill they bring to the table for us.

We plan on announcing a few new faces, as well as when the first WCW show can be expected to air on Smackdown! this Thursday.

From all of us here in Pittsburgh, good night, and we will see you Thursday."

What will this mean? Stay tuned for Thursday, as well as random updates throughout the week!!

Guest Shayner

Inside the Return: Edition One

By: Josh Matthews 2 August 2004

Well, we are fresh off the heels of the announcement of a WCW revival of sorts, and as the first reporter hired to be part of this great comeback, I would like to welcome everyone to my first ever news and rumors column, 'Inside The Return.'

The news has been pouring into the WCW headquarters, now located in Pittsburgh, PA in the last 48 hours. 10 previously unemployed workers have inked deals with the new WCW, raising our count to 13, in only 2 days! Those workers are:

Dustin Rhodes

Sean O'Haire

Chris Candido

Chris Chetti

Danny Doring

Terry Funk

EZ Money

Chris Hamrick

Trent Acid

and last but CERTAINLY not least....

Steve Austin!

That's right, amidst his recent fallout with the WWE, Steve Austin has returned to professional wrestling with the new WCW. And word around the office is, he's bringing some other talent with him!

Recent reports have linked WCW to contract talks with unemployed workers such as Vader, Bam Bam Bigelow, and Diamond Dallas Page. I will be the first one to tell you that these three our very high on the list for WCW, and they would add a definite veteran feel to a very young WCW lockerroom. Negotiations have just begun, but we expect these three superstars to be on hand for the first ever WCW show.

Speaking of which, the first ever WCW show will be held LIVE! from Gund Arena in Cleveland, OH 2 weeks from now. Though we are currently in negotiations with Viacom to secure one weekly show, out of the WWE timeslot, we are still planning to bring you an internet webcast on the 16th of August entitled...

WCW: Backdraft!

All of our signees will be on hand, and with only two weeks to get our roster squared away, you can bet we will be ready! The planning of all of this has been going on for nearly 9 months, so we are excited to bring you all of our hard work, via WCW2.com in two short weeks.

You can rest assured, this will be a revolutionary standard to uphold for ALL of the industry's finest.

As for the rumors flying all around the internet wrestling community, the WCW has no plans on pursuing any current WWE champions. Rumors have been abound about Benoit, JBL, and many others...but I can refute those now. NO WWE CHAMPION will be brought into WCW. Period.

However, with 28 days left in our signing window, there are still quite a few big name stars that want a little piece of the new WCW action. Things may just "heat" up when a certain star decides to bring himself to the WCW. And whose heart will get broken when a former WWE champion decides to join the WCW fold?

So...we will see you in two weeks for Backdraft, and don't forget two watch this Thursday's Smackdown! For two HUGE announcements!

Until next time...

Josh Matthews

Guest Shayner

(wcw2.com)

Two announcements on Smackdown? Reports have it that not only will there be three new roster acquisitions, but ALSO, WCW Owner Shayne Steele will be live in Cincinatti, OH for Smackdown! to make the announcement in person.

Shayne said, "The announcements that I have to make on Thursday are not meant to harbor any ill will toward the WWE, but could possibly ruffle some feathers."

Smackdown!

Cincinatti, OH

5 August 04

Shayne Steele is in the house!!

Shayne Steele makes his way to the ringside area, to kick off Smackdown!

"Well, well, well. Who would have thought that I would have this kind of announcement to make on a WWE show?"

(Crowd pops BIG...)

"Yeah, well...you might not like me so much when I say what I have to say!"

(Crowd still pops really big...a new WCW is here, and they are hella excited.)

"Allow me to introduce to you, a brand new main event superstar in WCW, the one the only....THE HEARTBREAK KID, SHAWN MICHAELS!!!"

(Sexy Boy hits, and HBK comes strolling down the ramp in a WCW T-shirt, then rolls into the ring. The crowd is a mixture of cheers and boos.)

"What? Shayne wanted the best, so he got the best...HBK!"

"Hold your horses, Shawn...relax. Because I have another signing to announce. Not only will he be a definite flagship for the new WCW, but will be your opponent in under two weeks at Backdraft, for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship!"

(Shawn smiles from ear to ear, as he cannot wait to see who he will be up against.)

"Your opponent will be none other than...EDGE!"

(Shawn loses the smile, and keeps a deep look of contentment as Edge walks down the ramp.)

"Well, Edge...Backdraft...me and you, eh? I don't think you are ready, and I am sure the FANS don't think you are ready...but we'll see how ready you are in a few weeks, in Cleveland!"

(Edge has stopped in the middle of the ramp, looks at the fans, and proceeds to speak.)

"Shawn, I was BORN ready. You and me, how about we make it a...oh, let's see...a ladder match?"

"Sure thing, young buck. You're on...i'll see you in Cleveland."

(Shayne interjects, and motions to both men to shut up for a second.)

"Did we forget who runs the show here? It's m-"

(No Chance in Hell hits, and Mr. McMahon comes to the top of the ramp, and he looks a bit vexed at what transpired here.)

"It's ME,Shayne. What makes you think you can get away with coming onto my program, and taking up MY time with your WCW crap? You may have the name, you may have some of the WWE's superstars, but you can't have our airtime. THIS will be the last time you are ever seen on a WWE program. Now you, and your two WCW traitors, get the hell out of my building, NOW!"

(Edge leaves first, as Mr. McMahon gives him a heinous look. HBK follows, and Shayne leaves last, looking disgusted at McMahon as he leaves.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following Smackdown!, Shayne had this to say:

"There is NO ill will between McMahon and myself, and anything seen as this is misconstrued. However, from this point forward, we will make no mention of WWE, and appear on none of their programs, in accordance with Mr. McMahon's request."

Stay tuned for the latest, on WCW2.com....

Guest Shayner

user posted image

7 August 2004

----THREE MORE MATCHES ANNOUNCED FOR BACKDRAFT---

The following was taken from WCW2.com:

"The World Championship Wrestling family is pleased to announce three more matches for WCW Backdraft, live from Cleveland, OH on August 15th! And it's only available as a PPV webcast, right here on WCW2.com!

This past Thursday, Shayne Steele dropped the ultimate bombshell by announcing that not only had he SIGNED Shawn Michaels and Edge, but that they would go 1 on 1 at Backdraft for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship! But what else is coming at Backdraft??

It was just announced earlier today that Rob Conway will go 1 on 1 with brand new signee Shane Douglas for the WCW United States Title! Douglas went on record as saying that Conway was a 'pretty boy bitch' who needed brought down to earth, and Conway is none too pleased. The moment Douglas signed his contract, he aimed straight for the young phenom.

In another recently announced match, the WCW TV Title will be on the line, when Sean O'Haire takes on Rob Van Dam! The kicks and punches will fly all over in this one folks, who knows what will happen when these martial arts gurus get together?

And in the 2nd part of what has been billed as a DOUBLE MAIN EVENT, The Hardcore Legend, Terry Funk will go one on one with 'Superstar' Steve Austin, in a Texas Death Match, with the winner becoming the new WCW Chairman! Both of these men consider themselves legends, but they will put aside respect for one another, for the chance top be the most powerful man in all of wrestling!

Stay tuned, the Backdraft card will be finalized shortly! Tickets are on sale now at any Ticketmaster location, or can be purchased from the Gund Arena box office at 1-800-GO-CAVS.

WCW: Backdraft....When it all becomes real again."

Also, rumor has it that three tag teams are in negotiation with WCW, and all three are expected to battle it out at Backdraft for the title! Who will it be? Stay TUNED!

Guest Shayner

---Current Roster---

Steve Austin

Terry Funk

Shawn Michaels

Edge

Sean O'Haire

Rob Van Dam

Rob Conway

Shane Douglas

Dustin Rhodes

Chris Candido

Chris Chetti

Danny Doring

EZ Money

Chris Hamrick

Trent Acid

Dallas Page

Bam Bam Bigelow

Question: Which available tag teams should the WCW sign, to boster it's tag team division?

Guest Shayner

Inside the Return: Edition 2

By: Josh Matthews 10 Aug 04

Well folks, here it is again, INSIDE THE RETURN! With Backdraft heating up, and the delightful double main event, it's looking like a good start for the new WCW! Time will tell...

First, let's run down the already confirmed card for WCW: Backdraft.

Main Event #1 - WCW World Heavyweight Title - Ladder Match

Shawn Michaels vs. Edge

Ever since the bomb was dropped on Smackdown that these two had signed, the wrestling fans on the 'net have been buzzing around, wondering what a match from these two might bring forth. In Shawn's specialty match, none the less! But, word has it that someone might come around to spoil Shawn's fun...

Main Event #2 - For WCW Chairmanship - Texas Death Match

'Superstar' Steve Austin vs. Terry Funk

There is no doubt that both of these men could run the new WCW very effectively, but the question will be who wants it more? And not only that, will this determine who is the greater legend of the two Texans? Should be a bloodbath, folks.

Also confirmed...

WCW US Title - Rob Conway vs. Shane Douglas

WCW TV Title - Sean O'Haire vs. Rob Van Dam

AND TWO NEWLY ANNOUNCED MATCHES!!

'Diamond' Dallas Page vs. Dustin Rhodes

WCW Tag Team Title Match - 4 Way

Bam Bam Bigelow/Chris Candido vs. EZ Money/Chris Hamrick vs. 2 teams TBD.

Who will the two teams be??

Also, a very special guest ring announcer will be at Backdraft!

WCW has managed to do so much in such a short amount of time, and we here in Pittsburgh thank everyone who supports us.

Expect one more match announcement, as well as the announcement of one of the mystery tag teams VERY soon, as we are only 5 days away from WCW Backdraft, only on Internet PPV, from WCW2.com.

Until Backdraft...

Josh Matthews

Please all, let me know if you are interested or not, so I know to keep going...criticism is always welcome.

You should be writing to entertain yourself, not others. And I'm not interested in this diary, it's the same as the 10,000 other WCW Re-born/ressurection/back from the dead/reincarnated diaries. I can never take a diary with too much colour serious either.

There, you wanted feedback.

Edited by botchedpiledriver

And I thank you for the feedback, but if you have no ideas as to how to improve it, then please keep your trap closed.

Thanks.

There were 2 ideas there:

1) Don't bump the diary asking for feedback. Writing this for others affection won't work here.

2) Use less colour.

Also read the rules. There is one against the "If you don't like it, don't comment" stance you just made.

Guest Shayner

---WCW announces PPV announce team, final match.---

Straight from WCW2.com...

The PPV announce tem has been decided, with the recent contract signing of both Mark Madden and Joey Styles. We feel that the two will make a great team as we forge ahead into the new age of WCW.

Also, the final match on the card will be a cruiserweight title match pitting Trent Acid against Jerry Lynn, our new signee!

And the tag team in the title match will be...

Mike Sanders and Chuck Palumbo!

Who will the other one be? You'll just have to wait until Backdraft!

And, to deal with recent rumors, WCW is indeed in negotiations with two seperate networks to hold a Friday night wrestling show, bearing our name. More info at the PPV."

It will be one hell of a night at Backdraft, we'll see you there!

Guest Shayner

And I thank you for the feedback, but if you have no ideas as to how to improve it, then please keep your trap closed.

Thanks.

There were 2 ideas there:

1) Don't bump the diary asking for feedback. Writing this for others affection won't work here.

2) Use less colour.

Also read the rules. There is one against the "If you don't like it, don't comment" stance you just made.

Thank you for the help, i'm new, and I guess I didn't catch that in the rules.

Besides, it's all about fun...and constructive criticsm helps a lot.

Guest Shayner

Hello all:

The PPV will be posted tonight, after I get home from work.

(I am on Japan Standard Time, so my days are reversed.)

I am looking for someone to write an 'internet review' of the show, from an outsider's prospective. Nothing too intricate, just a rundown of the show, and what it looked like to you.

This is not considered feedback, it is just to add to the realism a bit.

So, thanks in advance...

Shayner

Here's some advice :

Don't write TWELVE entries in a day.

Don't beg for feedback.

Don't whine when said feedback is negative.

Don't get used to staying here if your account is also responsible for either of those guys who just so happened to use their first response on this board to tell you this diary was good.

Don't use throwaway remarks like that last one to bump your diary which was already on the first page.

Guest Shayner
EDIT: There was some random whining here, but I decided to head forward and leave the critics to criticize. Edited by Shayner

Question: Which available tag teams should the WCW sign, to boster it's tag team division?

- Southern Comfort (Chris Hamrick & Tracy Smothers)

- Danny Doring and Roadkill

- Backseat Boys (Trent Acid & Johnny Kashmere)

- Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe)

Thats all i got now, but if i think of any more then ill add them here. This looks pretty decent, and ill check it out from time to time. Good Luck.