Am I on crack or something?

Guest Crimson Nightmare

Guest The Psychotic One

The only good thing about WCW Thunder was the fact you could change the characters' alliances by putting them in nWo Black-And-White, the nWo Wolfpac, Four Horsemen, etc., and their costumes would change depending on which stable you put them in. So you could put DDP in the Wolfpac, and he'd come out wearing what DDP would hypothetically wear if he WERE in the Wolfpac - i.e. a Wolfpac shirt and red tights. Otherwise, it was exactly the same as it's predecessor - WCW Nitro, which I can tell you, is one of the worst wrestling games EVER. Three unique moves for each character, then after that everyone is the same. Yes, Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan can do Hurricanranas. Some of the secret characters in Thunder didn't even have their own moves, like Ric Flair. They'd just have the basic moves and that's it.

Nope. WCW Thunder was shit.

Edited by The Psychotic One

I recently (like last week) threw out Attitude and Warzone, Thunder and Nitro. Because they sucked!

I kept WCW Vs The World and WWF No Mercy because they are the best wrestling games for their respective platforms. RAW2 is my favourite game right now, because it has editable appearances and I can put new music onto my X-Box to play in the game. Which fucking rules and never makes it go out of date. That's why WWF No Mercy was so fucking good, along with it's great game engine.

Guest The Man with a Plan

I thought the Season mode in Attitude was quite good (at the time). You'd start off on House Shows, work up to Shotgun, and then painstakingly to Heat... and then to RAW.

You know thinking about that concept. That should be in Smackdown vs. RAW. It provides a new challenge for you instead of just starting out on the main problem. They should also take a page from Legends of Wrestling and have a popularity meter which determines when you get promoted. The concept used in Attitude was good but it lacked storylines which made me dislike. Now imagine that on a Smackdown game. That'd be neat.

The ECW games are rip-offs of the WWF ones, basically. Anarchy Rulz is the only ECW one I have, and it's sooo fucking unrealistic.

The Inferno match (or whatever the hell it's called) actually disinigrates the wrestler alive.

Acclaim were pretty clever to have the same match in four different modes (Brimbstone Match, Table Match, Dumpster Match, Battle Royal).

Edited by Psicosis

One thing with No Mercy though, I never get why you people praise it so much. I mean WCW/nWo revenge is literally the same as what that is. Same could be said for Wrestlemania 2000. I mean there's not a huge difference, I just don't get why it gets huge amount of praise.

It'll never be as good as WCW Thunder  :P

First, starting with WCW vs nWo World Tour, the entire thing with that was just how simple the game was. Simplicity in a wrestling game = good.

Revenge: Better. More Wrestlers, More HIDDEN wrestlers, entrances, weapons in the ring, better graphics, the real finishers, and a costume edit. I don't know how many times I've changed characters back and forth.

WM2K: C-A-W! Seriously. What's better than a simple wrestling game? A simple wrestling game that you can have your own unique creatations. A season mode and PPVs, actual entrance music and (although cheap), videos. Also a few hidden wrestlers.

No Mercy: The best. CAW beyond what WM2K had, 6 different titles, all with their own unique storylines, with literally hundred of possible outcomes. Ladder matches, more hidden wrestlers.

No Mercy was my great love. I edited the hell out of the wrestlers, and until a few months ago, I had it down pretty good. Smackdown and Raw rosters, characters edited for height and costumes. I was kind of pround on that fact. I'd been editing it since the WECW Invasion.

And then.....the game dies.

ARRRRGGGG!!!

EVERY COSTUME, EVERY ARENA, EVERY WRESTLER UNLOCKED! 100% IN THE WORLD TITLE MODE.........GONE!!!!!!

Still, I also prided myself on the CAWs. I had the Ultimate Warrior down pretty good, as well as my Hogan. Warrior was wearing exactly what he had at WrestleManias 6, 7, 8, and 12. Hogan was c the Voodoo-Child Red and Yellow, Hogan, Classic Hogan, Red tights and yellow cowboy boots Hogan, and Hollywood Hogan. Shawn Michaels, I had him down with the WM11, 12, and 14 looks, and the Commish mode.

Still.....

Good times.

The only good thing about WCW Thunder was the fact you could change the characters' alliances by putting them in nWo Black-And-White, the nWo Wolfpac, Four Horsemen, etc., and their costumes would change depending on which stable you put them in. So you could put DDP in the Wolfpac, and he'd come out wearing what DDP would hypothetically wear if he WERE in the Wolfpac - i.e. a Wolfpac shirt and red tights. Otherwise, it was exactly the same as it's predecessor - WCW Nitro, which I can tell you, is one of the worst wrestling games EVER. Three unique moves for each character, then after that everyone is the same. Yes, Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan can do Hurricanranas. Some of the secret characters in Thunder didn't even have their own moves, like Ric Flair. They'd just have the basic moves and that's it.

Nope. WCW Thunder was shit.

Its shit to you, not to everyone. Back then it would be classed as a great wrestling game. It didn't entertain you, yet it entertained me greatly. In other words, it isn't shit, your shit :P

Guest Crimson Nightmare

Alright, I'm biting the bullet and purchasing a N64 Saturday (14.99 ain't bad, and I love dead systems anyway. My Dreamcast will look good sitting atop it), and plan on buying the four AKI games (World Tour, Revenge, WM2K, and No Mercy), and if I can find Anarchy Rulz for Dreamcast or PSX I'll get it too. In the meantime I'll keep making CAWs on SD HTCP (I made an awesome Scott Hall. I'm rather proud of it.), so yeah, thanks for the feedback. (Ah WCW Vs. The World, that was a pretty good game back in the day before Nitro, which um, wasn't too good but I still played it nonstop. I remember Vs. The World having alot of cool Japanese guys in it, was this just another Japanese wrestling game in disquise as a WCW product?)

No clue about the japanese thing, I don't really remember it having loads of Japan guys though. Although I cant remember the game that well, I might be getting mixed up with WCW Nitro.

The thing with WCW games was it was such a difference to WWE games, that's why I enjoyed them more. Roster wise I thought they were much better. Maybe gameplay wise they weren't the best, still damn good IMO.

Guest Crimson Nightmare

Exactly. I loved the rosters in World Tour (At one point I was going over to a friends house EVERY DAY to play it) because it had the people I was familiar with, and yet another couple of groups of international wrestlers (albiet their names were changed due to legal reasons, like in Fire Pro) that I didin't know. Same goes for Revenge.

I played WCW Thunder the other day and... I can't believe i used to play that shit. It's totally unplayable. The only thing i like about it is the Rant's the wrestlers do on character select menu.

I picked up the two ECW games for a few quid each... their worse that Attitude.

Ive got WWF Royal RUmble for Dreamcast... thats was ok, but it lack match modes, and it only had 20 wrestlers, for a 30 man Rumble...

One wrestling game that is teh greatest... Royal Rumble for the SEGA.

I played WCW Thunder the other day and... I can't believe i used to play that shit. It's totally unplayable. The only thing i like about it is the Rant's the wrestlers do on character select menu.

I picked up the two ECW games for a few quid each... their worse that Attitude.

Ive got WWF Royal RUmble for Dreamcast... thats was ok, but it lack match modes, and it only had 20 wrestlers, for a 30 man Rumble...

One wrestling game that is teh greatest... Royal Rumble for the SEGA.

You don't understand something, god.

Back then these sort of games were amazing to be honest. Obviously now they wont seem too good, because that was like 6 years ago, nowadays we have ten times better graphics and gameplay because everything has been upgraded.

Actually, WCW Thunder was always god-awful.

I enjoyed Backstage assault for a while, but it's fun quickly wore out.

After reading this thread I was actually going to get an N64, some WCW Games, and most importantly No Mercy (I have NEVER PLayed it), as this thread had partly turned me into it.

Decided against it, cos I'd feel a nerd with a PS2, XBox and Gameboy Advance as well, and I remember really, really hating the N64 Control pad in the day. Is a minor niggle I know, but still.

No, I disagree, I find the X-Box pad (S-Pad) a lot better then I ever found the N64 pad. The thing even had three 'arm' thingys to grip with your hands, which always got me with only having two hands an all, and things didn't seem as well in reach of each other, though it is a good few years since I last played on one.

My only problems with the XBox S-Pad is the position on the black/white buttons and thats it. I honestly have little problems with the pad at all (big hands)

Cheers for the advice on games though :)

No Mercy: The best. CAW beyond what WM2K had, 6 different titles, all with their own unique storylines, with literally hundred of possible outcomes.

100 ? have i missed something ? . . . i always hated that you had to loose some Matches wen you wanted to get the 100% :(

remember I went through an 'old wrestling game' phase...but it stopped in a day. No Mercy is still the god among wrestling games because it is the single most realistic wrestling game ever made to date.

lets make it ever released were you live ;-P