Am I on crack or something?

Guest Crimson Nightmare

Guest Crimson Nightmare

I'm seriously considering re-buying WWF Attitude and ECW Hardcore Revolution (and attempting to find the sort-of obscure sequel Anarchy Rulz which I never bought), I really have no clue why, though I have been degenerating from alot of the newer next-gen console games in favor of older ones..the thing is, I can recall getting tired of the Attitude game engine once I got Smackdown..but now find myself wanting to go back to that blatantly-awful system. Seriously..what the hell is wrong with me. Oh and I apologize if this is kinda in the wrong area of the forum (I rarely see topics on console wrestling games elsewhere, so I figured here'd be good.).

I'm seriously considering re-buying WWF Attitude and ECW Hardcore Revolution (and attempting to find the sort-of obscure sequel Anarchy Rulz which I never bought), I really have no clue why, though I have been degenerating from alot of the newer next-gen console games in favor of older ones..the thing is, I can recall getting tired of the Attitude game engine once I got Smackdown..but now find myself wanting to go back to that blatantly-awful system.  Seriously..what the hell is wrong with me.  Oh and I apologize if this is kinda in the wrong area of the forum (I rarely see topics on console wrestling games elsewhere, so I figured here'd be good.).

The ECW games are rip-offs of the WWF ones, basically. Anarchy Rulz is the only ECW one I have, and it's sooo fucking unrealistic.

The Inferno match (or whatever the hell it's called) actually disinigrates the wrestler alive.

Meh. If you like it, buy it. I wouldn't waste $1 on them.

Guest Crimson Nightmare

Yup, Acclaim basically just re-used the same game engine over and over again throughout their series of wrestling games, I don't mind the unrealisticness, I guess I'm just looking for a way out of playing HTCP...again =/

Guest The Psychotic One

Warzone and Attitude had some pretty decent features, but I'd hardly sit down and play them now.

Can't argue with Goldust coming down to your abandoned warehouse/home just to tell you to never forget the name of... *sucks in*... Gollllldussssstttt.

They're interesting to go back and look at for nostalgia, at least. The Rock still in the nation? Mankind still wearing brown? The Headbangers?

I thought the Season mode in Attitude was quite good (at the time). You'd start off on House Shows, work up to Shotgun, and then painstakingly to Heat... and then to RAW.

I AM A STICKBOY! <--- CAW was quite original too.

I never played the ECW n64 games, nor any WCW games after Revenge. Other than the THQ/AKI WWF games, I only played WarZone.

I liked it, even though the controls were crazy.

I loved the CAW mode, just for the appearances.

My bro made this dude called "The doctor".

He was a big Kane rip off. He stood about 7 feet, and wore ER scrubs. He also had a green Kane mask..

Good times.

Still, WM2K and No Mercy were the best. I'll still claim that No Mercy is better than any other wrestling game EVER.

Guest Crimson Nightmare

Well, I know WCW Vs. nWo World Tour (used to go over to a friends house just to play that), Revenge, and most likely No Mercy (never played it) are all good, heck I even once rented an N64 just to play Revenge..but um, I don't own an N64. I don't really care to own one either, especially just to play a handfull of games on. (Then again..I bought a SNK NeoGeo Pocket Color just to have decent portable versions of KOF, so maybe I should watch what I say.), But despite my utter hatred of that blasted N64 I must say it is getting awfully tempting (Grrreat, I'm about to go check how much they're going for used). I had Thunder back in the day but believe I traded it off once I got either Attitude or Smackdown, I forget which one. Either way, Anarchy Rulz is just a collectors item for me (I'll buy anything with an ECW logo on it..), I kinda wish I had picked up that imported copy of Fire Pro I had a shot at long long ago.

I liked Warzone and Attitude. If I played them, especially Warzone, it would bring back tons of memories. Not only WWF back then, but actually playing the game years ago.

I own(ed) WCW Nitro, played Revenge, Mayhem(my favorite of the WCW games IIRC), and possibly Backstage Assault (can't remember, I played one WCW game that was majorly backstage, could've been another game set to be backstage). The only ECW game I've tried was the game for the GBC and it played pretty much exactly the same as WWF Warzone for the GB, I'm assuming they did the same with the other ECW games.

I remember I went through an 'old wrestling game' phase...but it stopped in a day. No Mercy is still the god among wrestling games because it is the single most realistic wrestling game ever made to date.

Sure the graphics aren't amazing, but who didn't love the damn thing anyway?

I remember the thing that made me fall in love with the game. I was Jeff Hardy and was facing (CAW) Rey Mysterio in a ladder match. We went nearly 20-minutes or so, back and forth until I managed to get him hurt so badly, he would tap out and go unconscious. I did a submission on the table one time, knocking him dead, set up the ladder in the ring (or it might've been off the top rope, can't remember) and hit the Swanton Bomb. But Mysterio had moved and I crashed through the table myself! Until another wrestling game has that, No Mercy >*

I've never played on any of the games mentioned so far bar Backstage Assault, but kepp wanting to play Smackdown 2 for the PS1. I think its because it had such a huge and diverse (essa rios anyone) roster - literally everyone in the WWE that year (2000), such a huge - and I mean huge - tag division, and the fact that 2000 is the year i started watching wrestling, so it brings back happy memories. Having normal Mick Foley, Cactus Jack and Mankind in the same game was cool too.

I keep hearing great things about some of the WCW/NWO games for N64, as well as No Mercy as you guys have been saying

One thing with No Mercy though, I never get why you people praise it so much. I mean WCW/nWo revenge is literally the same as what that is. Same could be said for Wrestlemania 2000. I mean there's not a huge difference, I just don't get why it gets huge amount of praise.

It'll never be as good as WCW Thunder :P