Star Wars: The Old Republic

Guest strongarm85

Well, from today's I'd imagine we'd just record the flashpoint and probably condense it to like ten minutes of highlights tops. All the stuff where we are all extremely terrible people except for DoubleX

Admittedly, I did ignore my own advice, stand behind the guy and get hurled into oblivion at one point.

Highlights package works for me though. A lot of Taral V and Maelstrom Prison is slogging through enemies, so we could do the dialogue sequences, boss fights, and any other hilarious/awesome moments in between.

We just need to get to ~40 by then. From memory Maelstrom Prison is rated at level 37, so yeah. There is one boss fight in particular in Maelstrom Prison that we have to get on camera for the sheer ridiculousness of it.

Well that depends then on whether you're going DPS or healer. DPS would be roughly the same approach as your Gunslinger, but as a healer I can give you a couple of tips that may make things easier:

- When you're healing, you don't need to keep your party members/companion at full health all the time. The way I do it is I let them get to 50%, then start healing them to keep them at roughly that level. Obviously it's a bit different if the glass cannon DPS gets attacked by everything, in which case it's a mad scramble to keep them alive until the tank can get aggro back, but yeah.

- For managing your energy, you get a couple of abilities to help restore your energy quicker. One is called Stim Boost, which increases your energy regeneration rate while it's active, and can be useful in lighter load situations. Another is Adrenaline Probe, which is a 3min cooldown ability that restores half of your energy in the space of a few seconds, and with the right advanced skill you can push that up to about two-thirds. I would also suggest using your attacking abilities that use energy sparingly, so that you can save your energy for your healing abilities.

- I know you already understand cover, but if you're a healer, make sure you're in whatever cover is available while staying within healing range of your party. You do not want to get any aggro whatsoever, because you can't attack particularly well and you're not a tank. If you die, then everyone else could be in jeopardy if you can't be healing them.

Of course if you're not going healer then that's largely irrelevant, but besides the cover business the rest of it will apply to any healer class, so hopefully other people might be able to make some use of it.

Jumped in today to do a bit of questing on Tattooine... ended up joining a group of 16 to fight a World Boss! And we won!

Though how that World Boss for Tattooine wasn't a freakin' Krayt Dragon, I don't know. Totally missed out on that.

Very nice. Did you get anything awesome?

I've considered seeing if I can go after one of the World Bosses but the opportunity hasn't really come up yet. I do like the summon trigger for the Tatooine World Boss though: Suspicious Looking Skull. It's like a test of fools :P

Why don't you marry a Krayt Dragon if you love it so much! :shifty:

Yeah, I'd like to take on a World Boss as well; especially if you guys were in too, it would be awesome. That totally be a feature on one of your recorded adventures! Also, thanks for boots, DX. Now I just need to find some mods to throw in them. :P

Very nice. Did you get anything awesome?

I've considered seeing if I can go after one of the World Bosses but the opportunity hasn't really come up yet. I do like the summon trigger for the Tatooine World Boss though: Suspicious Looking Skull. It's like a test of fools :P

Nope! He only dropped two pieces of loot... and it was a fight between me and 16 others for it! :P

AND MAYBE I WILL SRN, MAYBE I WILL!

So I got an e-mail from The Old Republic, congratulating me on reaching level 10 with my Smuggler, and offering a guide on where to go from here.

Really Bioware? This is the fifth character I have taken past level 10, including one level 50, and you send this to me now?