Call of Duty: World At War

Meacon Keaton

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you get to fight at Stalingrad?

If you don't then they seriously missed a trick.

If I remember correctly (I've had the game for a couple of days now, and you can probably guess how) that yes, you play one mission in Stalingrad and it has a quite fun start. Because I don't have a legal copy I cannot go online but that doesn't really bother me considering I've played COD1,2 and 4 competitively for like 3 years on and off so I'm kinda burned out on COD multiplayer. I can only comment on Single Player and Co-Op and here are some notes in random order:

1) The game looks great but they don't really let you use the scenery, for example jumping over a little wall cannot be done most of the time because they put in an invisible wall. This is different from COD4 where you could basically jump over anything, except the outskirts of the map obviously 'cause otherwise you'd get out of the map. I don't like the invisible walls, as a player who likes to dodge or trick someone by using nice little jumps it makes me feel limited. When I played Nazi Zombies, I walked up the stairs (only people who played this will understand), zombies followed me up the stairs, then I wanted to jump over the stairs railing back to the ground, so basically OVER the zombies, but the game wouldn't allow me, that sucked.

2) SP is rather short. I haven't completed it yet because I've only been doing like 1 or 2 missions every day and I like to take my time too. The missions are sometimes fun, sometimes I got a been-there-done-that moment because of the other COD's. I don't know if anyone noticed by you get "saved" a LOT in missions, it made me feel like a shitty player but it's part of the script.

3) Co-Op is hella fun if you do it with a person you really know. Sadly he has a problem with loading all the missions except the first and nazi zombies >.>, so we haven't been able to do all which sucks 'cause it rocks. It is just fun going through the missions and doing crazy stuff. We did the first mission again yesterday on Veteran, and my mate died 7 times, haha, so I had to revive him in the middle of the battle. We've done Nazi Zombies like 5 times now, it's extremely fun and addicting. It gets crazy at some point....oh man.

4) I'm not going to buy it. I've heard bad things about the MP and also it's nothing new from COD4 MP, only the setting and some guns and perks. If I can do SP and especially Co-Op, I'm a happy camper.

That's it. :pervert:

Game is fucking amazing. Don't doubt yourself, get this while its fresh. Seriously, its all kinds of awesome. I can't even explain further.

Agreed and agreed. I'm loving this so much. I enjoyed Modern Warfare, but there is just something about WW2 games that make me enjoy it so much. But my God, I can't stand the bitching from people complaining about it being WW2. Did they not realize it before they bought it? If you don't like WW2 games, stick with Modern Warfare and save your money. It's not rocket surgery. :shifty:

What the fuck is rocket surgery?

Game is fucking amazing. Don't doubt yourself, get this while its fresh. Seriously, its all kinds of awesome. I can't even explain further.

Agreed and agreed. I'm loving this so much. I enjoyed Modern Warfare, but there is just something about WW2 games that make me enjoy it so much. But my God, I can't stand the bitching from people complaining about it being WW2. Did they not realize it before they bought it? If you don't like WW2 games, stick with Modern Warfare and save your money. It's not rocket surgery. :shifty:

What the fuck is rocket surgery?

It's similar to brain science.

duh.

Guest Big Dog

If I remember correctly (I've had the game for a couple of days now, and you can probably guess how) that yes, you play one mission in Stalingrad and it has a quite fun start.

So this second? CoD that starts in Stalingrad? Do get a gun right at the beginning or is it like "you take the rifle, I take the clip"-thingy again?

If I remember correctly (I've had the game for a couple of days now, and you can probably guess how) that yes, you play one mission in Stalingrad and it has a quite fun start.

So this second? CoD that starts in Stalingrad? Do get a gun right at the beginning or is it like "you take the rifle, I take the clip"-thingy again?

It's more of an Enemy At The Gates vibe.

It's more of an Enemy At The Gates vibe.

To be more specific, it's a Sniper Mission.

Bahaha, it's shite. Apparently. I trust my WWII FPS-loving colleague, apparently the yanks fucking suck at picking out enemies, they ignore you when you're being bludgeoned with a rifle butt and it's really short. Nice work Treyarch.

I've been saved a couple of times though from people close to me.

F*cking stupid.

The achievement Gunslinger i've done it twice now with a pistol with my mate as witness and it doesn't give me the f*cking achievement?!!! What's the fucking doing possibly one of the hardest achievements in the game and it just ends up not f*cking giving it to you. Stupid