Help me remember a really old game

PkmnTrainerJ

Anyone else ever play Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders? I loved all those kinds of games.

Loved it, though sadly never finished it. Had another crack a few years back somehow and my adult brain got to Mars, but no further. Any way to play it these days?

Gold Rush!

This game had me hooked when I was so young that I barely remember anything about it. I'm talking 5 or 6 years young. I do remember I used to call it 'Don't Walk On The Grass' though, as in one part you should definitely not walk on the grass. :shifty:

Anyone else played this?

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

I remember taking the boat, making it to the camp, and dieing of random shit a lot. There's also a horse somewhere that can and will kick and kill you.

I'm now reliving my childhood watching that guy's series of it :shifty:

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Two games for this thread.

The first was a really old PC game that we played at school where you travelled across 16/17/1800s America, you had to get over obstacles, make sure had food, that sort of stuff. You pretty much died all the time.

The second was a Playstation RPG game. You have to go into a tower that was full of monsters, you capture eggs that you can sell in the town for money or hatch and raise the thing inside to become one of your own monsters. I don't really remember the point of the game. Maybe it was just called Monster Tower?

I have fond memories of Zero Tolerance the first FPS I played. It was on the MegaDrive/Genesis.

I enjoyed that game quite a bit myself, I believe it and it's sequel are now public domain.

It was pretty graphic for an older game, with blood splatters dripping down walls and being able to shoot corpses into a bloody mess. I loved the pulse rifle I think it was, a sort of semi automatic gun that shot in a three round burst. Then it had those creepy sound effects when enemies approached.

Edit - Robot Santa, are you talking about Oregon Trail for that game set in the 1800s?

Edited by VerbalPuke

Two games for this thread.

The first was a really old PC game that we played at school where you travelled across 16/17/1800s America, you had to get over obstacles, make sure had food, that sort of stuff. You pretty much died all the time.

The second was a Playstation RPG game. You have to go into a tower that was full of monsters, you capture eggs that you can sell in the town for money or hatch and raise the thing inside to become one of your own monsters. I don't really remember the point of the game. Maybe it was just called Monster Tower?

Oregon Trail

I have fond memories of Zero Tolerance the first FPS I played. It was on the MegaDrive/Genesis.

I enjoyed that game quite a bit myself, I believe it and it's sequel are now public domain.

It was pretty graphic for an older game, with blood splatters dripping down walls and being able to shoot corpses into a bloody mess. I loved the pulse rifle I think it was, a sort of semi automatic gun that shot in a three round burst. Then it had those creepy sound effects when enemies approached.

How did I not know there was a sequel?

Going yet more obscure, with a limited potential audience, but do any UKers around their late 20's remember Tea Shop for the BBC? We had it in primary school and bizarrely managed to share one computer between 20 odd kids. Was a little economics thing where you had to decide on price and quantity of tea to sell each day, and weather etc would decide if you'd made the right decision. Amazing.