Help me remember a really old game

PkmnTrainerJ

So, all I can really remember about it, is that it was on a PC (or similar system) when I was a kid (80's - 90's). You controlled a male character and had to input commands on the keyboard, like "jump" and "stand up".

One part I can remember is where you end up on a conveyer belt, which is headed towards a grinder. Then you "stand up" and "jump" at the right time to get to safety. Below this conveyer belt area there was a spaceship, which was by a restaurant type place. After having a meal at the restaurant, if you tried to go to the spaceship, you'd see the guys (aliens?) who owned it wander off for a meal at the restaurant. They checked back on their ship occasionally, so if you tried to steal it, they'd blast you to death.

No clue beyond that I'm afraid.

Sounds like Space Quest III.

After looking at a few screenshots and stuff, indeed it is. You rock oldskool. (Y)

3.jpg

That was the image stuck in my head for some reason.

Edited by PkmnentraîneurJ

Hugo's House of Horrors here. Took me years to actually finish that game. Then I finished Hugo 2 and 3. Excellent games all around.

EDIT: Bitchin, I found my hugowin program :D Hugo for windows, here I come (again)!

Edited by oldskool

• 3 years later...

Maybe we can make this the official "Help Me Remember" thread.

It was a Playstation 1 game for which I only played the demo that came from Official Playstation magazine. The game itself was set in the future and was some type of action-adventure driving combat game. You were a cop and your car transformed into a motorcycle, cop car, or flying vehicle of some sort.

It was not Future Cop L.A.P.D.

I've been trying to track this game down for years, Google searches keep bringing me back to Future Cop, and there's over 50 demo disks that were released in the PS1's lifetime I can't find anything through the lists I've managed to find. Please help wub.gif

Unfortunately not. This game had no mech combat at all. All driving sequences. I'm going to eventually go through this list of games released on demo discs until I find the title. I know the demo disk was released before Mario Kart 64 Feb of 2010 as I remember playing it at a buddy's house who had a 64 instead of PS1

Edited by Captain Eo

Quadruple post was because of some type of board error. It didn't even show that the reply had posted after I refreshed the page. Weird.

Anyways found the game after scouring through that list. It was Crime Killer

Enjoy the amazing cinematic

as I couldn't find any gameplay videos that highlighted the transforming vehicle which was the best part of the game aside from blowing up vehicles that were illegally parked. Edited by Captain Eo