SvR 2009 EWB League!

zero

I'll extend the deadline since almost no one else has completed their matches either.

C'mon people, you committed to this league, don't be a dick and kill it before it even gets started.

I'm not, I'd happily have had my match done the first night, perhaps some folk should've thought twice about signing up when they don't have the ability to play online. The trouble is now I won't be around for a week because I'm going to see Coheed's tour-a-thon in London.

You steal about a billion months of live from work and could probably get a bunch of 48 hours too. You have no one to blame but yourself, selfish.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My issues are with people who you rarely see anywhere on EWB who signed up for this and probably haven't even bothered to check the thread since then.

My opponent hadn't been on his PS3 in five days as of yesterday. I imagine it's going to be hard to coordinate a match with a greek.

My opponent lives in Australia, our time zones are ridiculously different. We have been talking on here and on there, but it is VERY hard for us to meet up. We will try as hard as we can to meet up, but it's very difficult because it's basically going to mean one of us probably has to be up in the middle of the night...

People should be able to join in and take the places of those who haven't bothered with this, well in my opinion.

Trav was online yesterday, sent him two messages on Live but he didn't reply and hasn't bothered replying on here. It not a real big deal or anything, just a bit annoying when somebody joins something and then doesn't even bother to tell you why they don't go through with things. So I can pretty much say my match wont be getting done. Zero made this thing so I guess it's up to him what happens, although I'm fine if he's fine with somebody taking Trav's place.

Alright Johnny, you face Tristy then. Tristy, you're welcome to any remaining wrestler.

From here on out, if anyone is having trouble getting ahold of their opponent, let me know and I'll deal with it. Those of you who didn't get a chance to get in on this tournament, now is your time to start filling empty slots.

EWBetter than U-topia? (Y)

But no really, just finished my match with Joe and MVP came out on top. Synapsis? Well it ended up outside pretty quickly at the beginning of the match, where MVP used the barricade, and then attempted to use the steps (But that was reversed). A couple back and forth moves in the ring, but I was able to get a finisher and signature. Hit the player's boot, then MVP's ballin elbow...of course that didn't put HHH out. Finished it with the standing player's boot in the ring a lil bit after.

Edited by Media 2.0

But no really, just finished my match with Joe and MVP came out on top. Synapsis? Well it ended up outside pretty quickly at the beginning of the match, where MVP used the barricade, and then attempted to use the steps (But that was reversed). A couple back and forth moves in the ring, but I was able to get a finisher and signature. Hit the player's boot, then MVP's ballin elbow...of course that didn't put HHH out. Finished it with the standing player's boot in the ring a lil bit after.

Twas a good match, I got the hang of the reversals way too late in the match. MVP was getting a ton of them and it costs me. Pretty good match though. First time I didn't play with a total cheeser.

Okay, well all that leaves on the Xbox league is:

Dragsy vs. Srar (if necessary, Dragsy will move on in a bye and face Srar at a later date)

Johnny vs. Tristy

B-Rad vs. Chamber X (time zone issues)

On the PS3 side, still waiting on:

NevermoreNightmare vs. KCC

TheCoolOne vs. ScottMulhern

Plubby vs. Gio 9

Edited by Zero

Twas a good match, I got the hang of the reversals way too late in the match. MVP was getting a ton of them and it costs me. Pretty good match though. First time I didn't play with a total cheeser.

Yea, I'm usually not that good at reversing online, but there was minimal lag in that match. Took a few tries to get started, but once it did, it ran like I was playing solo on my console and so the reversal timing wasn't screwed up, which as you noted worked in my favor.

Edited by Media 2.0

Me and Chamber are still trying to work out time zone. Looks like we've found out that if I get online at 9 or 10 in the morning, and he gets on at 11 or midnight or 1, we can have our match, so both of us are going to be trying that some days this week/weekend. We should have our match done by Sunday, hopefully.