Your Favourite Replica Shirt

The Slickman

Ok, Ive been away from EWB for a long while so this my have been brought up before or it maybe an Adamle Original ,,

Replica shirts I have

Tottenham-

08/09 (Current) Home Shirt - No printing. Possibly Modric going on the back soon.

07/08 Home Shirt - Keane 10 Printing.

07/08 125 year aniversary 4th shirt - Gascoigne 8 printing.

06/07 Home shirt - Chimbonda 2 printing (Now gathering ALOT of dust)

06/07 (?) Chocolate 3rd shirt - Defoe 18 printing (Same problem with alot of others badly made and peeling)

05/06 Home shirt - Keane 10 printing

Valencia

06/07 - Home shirt - Joaquin 17 printing

AC Milan

06 ? Away shirt - No printing but dying to have Inzaghi 9 on it.

Although not on the list my favourite ever replica shirt was a Real Madrid 2003 I believe (Year that had the really cool writing) with Zidane 5, which is now lost.

Think its just me that has a sort of obsession with sport shirts.

Any you couldnt live without ?

Manchester United:

08/09 Goalkeeper jersey(Peter Schmeichel printing)

08/09 Home jersey(Berbatov 9)

08/09 Blue Away Jersey(Ferdinand 5)

07/08 Black Away Jersey(Ronaldo 7)

06/07 Home jersey(Treble 99)

England World Cup 2002(Beckham 7)

Limited Edition Bangladesh Home kit with Zidane on the back after he came to play an invitational game.

I've got last season's Spurs home, the 2002-04 Kappa home shirt, the 04/05 Kappa home shirt (all white).

I've also got (somewhere) the Spurs away shirt from our 1991 FA Cup triumph year. I wore that so much as a kid.

Tottenham-91-Away.jpg

I'd only buy white or yellow Tottenham shirts.

I also have a Leon shirt from Mexico that my old man brought back for me from a business trip he made years ago.

I have the Japan home shirt from the 2006 World Cup with 7 Nakata on the back (he retired after the world cup)

spd_2006060522039_b.jpg

Outside of football I have an old South African cricket shirt somewhere, I have an old black Timberwolves Kevin Garnett shirt and, most proudly of all, I have this beauty:

gallery1.jpg

John Stockton - Utah Jazz number 12 away shirt.

I always wanted it when I watched basketball in the 90s as I loved Stockton cos he was short (well, my height which is short for basketball), white, led a quiet life and was brilliant with 3 point shooting, steals and assists. He was so unfashionable and yet utterly brilliant.

After years of searching in the UK I found the shirt in a second hand shop in Japan when I visited Tokyo a couple of years back.

Class.

I'm not sure if it's my team taking over my conscious thought but I've figured that the current Newcastle shirt is beyond natural levels of awesome: it's mostly black, there's little glimmers of light blue and it's made by Adidas which means that all advertising by the kit manufacturer will be only black and white stripes.

Far better than the pussyish efforts for ages.

If I owned the Portsmouth blue and gold shirt it'd give the toon kit a very good run for it's money. It just looks how a classy shirt should look like, not too little going on, not too much.

Bare In Mind Most Of These Were Presents from my childhood, i'm not a collector:

Every Everton home shirt from 1997 to 2006

Everton away shirt 2007-2008 Baines 3 on the back

Everton Home Shirt 2008-2009 25 Fellaini

Wigan Athletic home shirt from 2005-2006

2001-2002 Real Madrid Home Shirt Ronaldo on the back

2002-2003 Real Madrid Home Shirt Zidane on the back

2002-2003 Juventus Home Shirt Trezeguet on the bac

Argentina shirt not sure exactly when from at a guess 2004

AEK Athens Home Shirt 2004 with some fellas name on the back not got a clue what it says

Spain shirt with Raul 7 on the back

RW Essen home shirt:S German 3rd Division I think

Bayern Munchen goalkeeper shirt from about 2003

3 Borrussia Dortmund shirt from about 2001-2004

A good few England shirts, minus one which I sold after getting Rooney 9 on the back he left the same week. Two weeks later I sold it on.

Opening it up to more than just football (because the thread didn't specify :P), the Cornish Pirates home shirt and the Wasps home shirt are both prized possessions of mine:

cornish-pirates-h.jpg

wasps.jpg

In football, QPR's third kit is pretty snazzy (though I don't own it. Ian Holloway hasn't been there long enough ¬_¬):

0,,10373~3717282,00.jpg

As, to a lesser extent, is Bristol Rovers' third kit.

I just like black and gold. Not that it's Cornwall's colours or anything (along with white).

Edited by Farmer Reil

I only have two left now out of the several's I've had down the years. I'm quite fond of the current Liverpool away jersey, the grey/silver (mostly cause it reminds me of the late 80s one of the same color, which I always loved) one which I got for my birthday this year and the only other one that fits me the old green one from about 8 or 9 years or so ago. I really like those jerseys.