Chamillionaire

Skimatik

He's okay. Probably as overhyped by hip-hop nerds as Lil Wayne (which is something I'll never fucking understand), but he's got an album or two worth listening to. Other than that, dude is really average.

Li'l Wayne is way more overhyped.

Probably. It's one I don't guess I'll ever understand. It just baffles me that so many people buy into the guy. He's so.. plain. There's nothing that really sets him apart, and yet everyone - even a lot of hardcore hip-hop nerds - tend to blow their wad all over the guy. I don't get it.

i like waynes music to a degree, ive got friends who do nothing but listen to carter III all day and thats not my shit like that. There are some wayne songs where he just blows the lid off of it, but i see to much recycling and just overusage of a subject matter.

Now back to cham , the mixtape messiah series is fuckin classic and i cnat wait for the new one. The thing that stands him apart for me is the fact that he doesnt curse and his music is completely listenable. He can do positive music and everything. Him and my other fav rapper Cassidy give me that feeling that they can make hip hop another faction when they can both give me positive sounding music. but we all know cass will murder that ass on the freestyle tip!

. Him and my other fav rapper Cassidy

Maybe you can answer this question for me, did Cassidy and Mook ever throw down in person? I don't really know much about cass, but any time I can see Mook get taken to school is cool with me.

naw cass & mook never got to an actual battle. Cassidy kept sayin that he needed 100K to battle because he already had proven himself and mook never had the money to put up. But they recently ended the beef ya know, after mook got done battlin young hot i believe it was cass came out and the squashed everything. But i did like Serius Jones gettin on mook wit the smack dvd battle, lol.... "you soft as a muffin!"

Ah sweet, thanks man. Who do you rate in that battle by the way? Lotta people gave it to mook based on crowd, but in my book jones cut mooks legs from under him in round one, and mook was fighting a losing battle from then on. Mooks lines were clearly straight out of his rhyme book, especially that shit in round three where he took an intermission, not to mention the Saigon inspired F verse. No way was that off the top.

Not saying that jones was freestyling completely either, but mook was practically reading from a script. Those three rounds from Serius were pretty much golden. Only reason mook had the crowd was that he brought everyone he'd ever met to the battle.

Yeah. That was pretty much the greatest battle.

yeah serius was on some serious shit fa real. kept takin shots at jin & mase haha. and the audacity to attack mooks crew right in front of em calling him a soldier "for what?! the salvation army" haha great lines from serius. see if that battle was what mook was gonna come at cass wit it woulda been over, we all saw the freeway battle haha!

Edited by Skimatik

The Serius Vs Jin battle (10k) on Fight Klub was pretty sick as well. You could just see Jin getting redder, and angrier. Hilarious man.

Gotta show love for professor green, hometown hero and that, but he didn't deserve the vic over serius in round one, not by a long shot. How many times did he stumble? Would have loved a serius/jin rematch for the 50.

He is, barely. Skim and I are talking about stuff from a few years back though. The 50k fight club battle was like 04.

Yeah, I just looked it up and he's been on indie labels for the past few years. Too bad the Ruff Ryder stuff didn't work out, but he didn't really fit in there. Looks like he's got a new major label contract though.