EWB's Top (However Many It Ends Up As) Singers of All Time

GoGo Yubari

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to vote, too. Just give me some time. I can't decide if I should go with who I think are the best or who are my personal favourites. There's a lot of technically flawless opera singers, and there's some favourites of mine who are kind of one-dimensional.

I want to vote, too. Just give me some time. I can't decide if I should go with who I think are the best or who are my personal favourites. There's a lot of technically flawless opera singers, and there's some favourites of mine who are kind of one-dimensional.

Your response makes me just intrigued enough to extend the deadline. So now it's whenever you post yours unless it takes longer than, uh. Thursday, I guess?

1. Freddie Mercury (Queen)

2. Ray Charles

3. Anthony Green (Circa Survive, Sounds of Animals Fighting)

4. Geddy Lee (RUSH)

5. Johnny Cash

6. John Fogerty (Creedence Clearwater Revival)

7. Dave King (Flogging Molly)

8. Glenn Danzig (Misfits, Danzig, Samhain)

9. Chris Cornell (Audioslave, Soundgarden)

10. Jack Black (Tenacious D)

I made a list but it's really crap. I like all of them, but I just wouldn't know how to rank them so I'd be happy about it. I chose my favourites instead of the most talented overall, but ignored the least versatile vocalists. Except for Jon Oliva and Kai Hansen, who are my all-time personal favourites, but should never be on a top ten list. Except for songwriting, maybe. So it's like a mix of the most talented vocalists in music I like. I originally had Placido Domingo on the list, but it really stood out. Whatever, I just wanted to take part and vote for my favourites, I guess.

1. Geoff Tate (Queensrÿche)

2. Ronnie James Dio (Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Dio)

3. Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin)

4. Freddie Mercury (Queen)

5. Sharon Den Adel (Within Temptation)

6. R.D. Liapakis (Valley's Eve, Mystic Prophecy)

7. Placido Domingo

8. Ian Gillan (Deep Purple, Black Sabbath)

9. Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)

10. Jon Oliva (Savatage)

EDIT: what the hell, I'll add Domingo for the hell of it. Because he is so rad and kicks all kinds of ass no matter what kind of music you listen to.

Alright, I'm going to start tallying up the results. If you edit your list after this point, you damn well better tell me before I put up a results thread because otherwise you're fucked. People doing new lists don't ocunt, though same goes about posting it after I do a results thread.