The Inevitable January Transfer Market Topic

Crybaby Bunting

Brazil star Kaka says he wants to stay at AC Milan despite talk of a transfer to Manchester City.

A City delegation has been in Milan and reportedly made a bid in the region of £100m, with a weekly wage of £500,000, for the midfielder.

However, the 26-year-old told the website of Mediaset, a TV company owned by Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi: "I want to grow old at Milan.

"My aim is to become at some point in the future the captain of this team."

----

There. I hope that's the end of it. They'll be linked with Drogba next.

Eh, he'd have done this if he was just milking them - although I do think he genuinely means he doesn't want to move. Wait till this time next year if they're looking like qualifying for the CL :shifty:

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usual Villa link with Saviola, this time on loan.

Also we have been linked quite strongly with Kenwyne Jones. Lots and lots of stuff apparently in the know on VillaTalk, the main Villa forum.

I can safely say that a guy who posted ITK is usually spot on with the stuff he comes out with.

Random Tottenham tidbits for the day:

Harry Redknapp is looking to revamp Spurs (well, that's no surprise)

Loan deal swap with Bale for Adriano is possible.

Loan deal swap with Jenas for Everton's Leighton Baines fell through (seriously we were looking to swap out Jenas who does a decent job?)

Harry Redknapp met representative of Oliver Dacourt on Tuesday according to Setanta (whaaat)

A swap deal with Gomes going to AC and Abbiati coming to Spurs has THANKFULLY fallen through (fools, Gomes has become brilliant)

The Sun says that Ghaly and Dos Santos are on their way out. Ghaly maybe but Dos Santas has been injured and apparantly Harry is a big fan.

No real magnificent news there though Adriano would probably provide a nice buzz around the place and a season may be short enough to prevent him from making too many enemies behind the scenes.

Nobody can be as bad as Abbiati. Gomes may have had a few bad moments so far, but surely Tottenham aren't as crazy as AC in wanting a keeper who is honestly a pile of shit.

Spurs could do with a back up goalkeeper though, I would shit myself if my goalkeeper was limping around the pitch unable to kick the ball like Gomes was against Wigan with no sub available. I am sure someone from Manchester will happily drive Kuzkzack up to the Lane for you ;)

Unfortunately, even if he were there, he'd probably just end up occupying Paulo Ferreira's spot on the subs bench.

Such is the level of faith currently placed in the likes of Ballack or Deco, anyway.

Edited by stokeriño

If Bolton are going for him I'm surprised we haven't joined the chase. We need a hard working gritty CM whose going to go in and win the ball for us, that's pretty much the only player I could see us signing this transfer window and actually starting regularly. Instead we want Scharner apparently for £3m. If Bullard's going for £5m then get the hell in there and throw some cash on the table, it's not like we need to spend big anyways this window but if we're going to spend, put it on a Bullard. If it doesn't pay off I don't think we'd really need to chase anyone else too hard.

Listening to Talksport 12 hours ago (whatever that was in the UK) and apparantly there was insider knowledge that Drogba was gonna be dropped against Southend (which he was...or rested) and would be on his way to Milan by the end of the transfer window. Controversial.

Listening to Talksport 12 hours ago (whatever that was in the UK) and apparantly there was insider knowledge that Drogba was gonna be dropped against Southend (which he was...or rested) and would be on his way to Milan by the end of the transfer window. Controversial.

12 hours ago was 4:30am.

And it's confirmed he's been dropped for Southend.