The Inevitable January Transfer Market Topic

Crybaby Bunting

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant. Wigan are looking to use some money from the sale of Palacios to buy Stephen Hunt from Reading....But apparantly he's allowed to come straight to Spurs anyway if we pay up 5mil.

It's brilliant being linked to everyone. Each day is a new adventure.

My second team, if there ever was such a thing actually was Man City, due to my dying hatred for their Manchester counterparts. However, I completely went off them under Stuart Pearce, and have hated them ever since. >_>

No such thing as second teams.

Also, Palacios is a fantastic little player. He will add something to the Spurs midfield, but will it be enough to do the job they are crying out for? I'm not so sure.

It's brilliant being linked to everyone. Each day is a new adventure.

Really? I hated it when Villa were linked with everybody under the sun in the summer and last January. You don't know what to believe because of the crap threw about to make inches in columns, were as some teams being linked with players has a certain element of truth in it.

Edited by ONO

Also apparantly Bellamy wanted to join Spurs but West Ham are turning approaches down. Bellamy has turned down a new contract from West Ham and requested a leave but it's been denied by West Ham.....

....But they're saying that they'll sell him to Man City if the price is right.

Basically Spurs aren't seen as the biggest overpaying mugs in this transfer window...Which is a nice change :P

Also apparantly Bellamy wanted to join Spurs but West Ham are turning approaches down. Bellamy has turned down a new contract from West Ham and requested a leave but it's been denied by West Ham.....

....But they're saying that they'll sell him to Man City if the price is right.

Basically Spurs aren't seen as the biggest overpaying mugs in this transfer window...Which is a nice change :P

I bet City end up playing 15m+ for him.

Uh, yes there is.

"Nah, I'm staying." would be just that.

It kinda depends though, I've heard of several players who love their club but were forced to move because of financial difficulties. Then again Milan are bankrollled by another hugely rich person, just one that doesn't throw millions at players in the hope they'll come there.

Lets all remember that Milan have recently bought Ronaldinho and are seriously considering signing David Beckham, despite favouring the tactic of a lone AMF behind the striker. They could probably survive without Kaka because their midfielders are strong enough as it is to bridge the gap.

Meh maybe I'm just being naive but I don't care how much money is really plowed into the Premier League, as long as we get some entertaining matches out of it. Besides, this deal isn't going to affect the other 19 premier league teams, nor the 24 championship teams, league 1 teams etc. All it's going to do is make Man City entertaining to watch, whether because of it's skillfull players, or because they're becoming a trainwreck of a club. It's certainly created another dimension to the league.

And come on, if Barnsley have a youth with huge potential, they stand a good chance of profiting from them rather than another club picking them up as soon as their contract runs out.

EDIT: Oh by the way... WIN!

2009-01-16.jpg

Edited by The General

De Jong's contract contains a clause that would allow him to leave in the summer for £1.8m, but City have reportedly bid £13.3m to buy him now.

Really? 12.5 million than a buy-out clause in the summer?

:wacko:

They're just throwing money around to show that they can. Plus they need all the help they can even avoiding relegation this season. I'm fully expecting crazy bids for Ronaldo, Torres, Lampard etc. before the end of the window even although they'd almost certainly be rejected by the club and/or the player.

Looks like another American might be making their way to Europe with Sacha Kljestan heading to Celtic for a trial this week. It seems like $3.5 million is the figure being discussed for the deal and I think that with some training Kljestan could be a player that could impress.

...By way of Sweden. :shifty:

Watch Hughes build a superstar team this month and get fired first game of feb for 'only' winning 1-0.

Plus like others have said Kaka would be stupid not to consider the money being thrown at him, nobody looks at £500,000 a week and thinks 'not interested'

Edited by Hugobombski

SK has plenty of promise and will probably do well at Celtic. I just wish the MLS wasn't as low on the chart so we could keep our quality young players. BUT, that's what salary cap soccer does for you (Y) (that in no way was a shot at the MLS business structure which is actually freakin intelligent).

The Fred to Stoke talk is a really interesting one, seems a very odd transfer to be honest but if he's willing to go there as he suggest he is then you would imagine he would put in some good performances. He always seemed to be a good player on FM! Used to get me 20-25 goals a season! Don't know if he that standard in real life though but if he is £4-5 million is a snip.

The Fred to Stoke talk is a really interesting one, seems a very odd transfer to be honest but if he's willing to go there as he suggest he is then you would imagine he would put in some good performances. He always seemed to be a good player on FM! Used to get me 20-25 goals a season! Don't know if he that standard in real life though but if he is £4-5 million is a snip.

Gareth Bale was immense on FM 2007. (or 06) :shifty:

FM isn't a particularly reliable source of how good a player is.