The Inevitable January Transfer Market Topic

Crybaby Bunting

So... Who had the best January transfer window? Who had the worst?

It's hard to say at this stage. Spurs made a lot of good signings, but if Keane, Defoe, Palacios et all all fail to keep them up this season, or perform badly, then it won't be considered a good window.

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cardiff.

They got Michael Chopra on loan till July, then they give us £4m and he's theres. FOUR MILLION FOR CHOPRA. Stick a 1 in front of the 4 and then we're talking. If Bellamy's going for 14, I expect Chopra to go for the same at least.

EDIT: And they still have Joe Ledley, didn't have to give him up to anyone.

After all this fuss, I have to say I'm quite taken by Arshavin. I've been a massive fan of his for a while now, his footballing ability, but he seems like a genuinely nice guy as well. Hope he does well as I like Arsenal.

Edited by IAceI

Bellamy is a proven Premiership player, Chopra isn't. Also West Ham didn't want to sell you do. Sunderland should be thankful for any seven figure sum for him.

As for having the worst transfer window Boro look in deep, deep trouble to me. Lack of new players coming in, total loss of form and in real danger to suffer relegation.

Rovers have had a pretty good transfer window for me. Kept RSC which is great for us at least till summer when we can get a replacement at our leisure. Givet will help shore up the defence and despite how disliked he is, Diouf will bring class (:shifty) and flair to the right flank and up front. I am pretty happy with our business. Just a shame Emerton is crocked.

Last I remember reading was that it had been agreed in principle but Big Sam didn't want him to go unless we had some sort of replacement lined up, which I think was before Diouf was confirmed as a signing. There have been some interesting loan moves in this window, Jo to Everton, that West Ham guy to Real Madrid, Gael Givet to Rovers, Dacourt to Fulham, will be interesting to see if any of them actually work out.