How the fuck are Kings Of Leon so popular?

YI

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it, before "Sex on Fire" they were just another 'never quite got there' rock band. Popular enough to make a good living and tour smallish venues, get a few charting albums and singles but never make it very far (at least here in the UK). Then someone at Radio 1 decided that they really liked that song and the sheep followed.

I have nothign against them, I like the song, but I'd not be shocked at all to see them fade back into semi-obscurity now for a while. It happens toa lot of that type of band here, Nickleback for example, Limp Bizkit, even Green Day, after Basket Case they faded a lot here until American Idiot.

Um they actually played several large venues before Sex on Fire. I've seen them play at the Barrowlands long before Sex On Fire was released for one.

EDIT: Noticed "at least in UK" bit so you can forget that. They've been a pretty big band over here for some time though. They headlined Glastonbury before anyone knew of Sex On Fire.

Edited by metalman

• 2 weeks later...