Recommend Me Similar Bands Based on These Five Bands..

Guest TheHaitianCrustacean

I guess it can be sort of a game, sort of a recommend me stuff thread. Name five bands along the lines of the bands you see listed, and the following person does something similar. Try using bands you think may be less-known. Hopefully we can get a decent list going ranging all music types.

Slightly Stoopid

The Expendables

The Clash

Sublime

Long Beach Dub Allstars

The Slackers

Mad Caddies

Joe Strummer and the Mesceleros

Catch 22

The Toasters

The King Blues (I'm pimping them)

Zen Baseball bat

Suicide Machines

If you haven't already heard the sublime tribute album, you should check it out.

Now that I've really read the topic, let me try again.

Based off the bands above, I'd go with the Trojans (a celtic ska group, good stuff), The Offs (ska punk pioneers from San Francisco, very under the radar), The Minutemen (funky post punk group featuring Mike Watt), Big Boys (hardcore funky punk shit from Texas, lots of horns and bass driven songs), and how about Baba Brooks Band (one of the very early ska influences, a bit more reminiscent of reggae).

Edited by VerbalPuke

All great recommendations thus far, but for this 'un..

Jack Johnson

I'd go Jason Mraz, Ben Harper, John Mayer Trio, Matt Nathanson, and Donavon Frankenreiter.

I think the thing is that people associate 311 with Amber, which gives them this beachy, mellow vibe, but they are actually a heavily punk, funk, reggae-influenced band. Slight Stoopid is more ska, with a lot of reggae and punk vibes mixed it. Sublime is the same way, but more on the reggae scale then say.. Pepper? Bad Brains is dope, need to check out more of them, for sure.

Also, kudos on the Long Beach Dub All-Stars. Didn't they 'split up', meaning there are just two of them now?

Edited by TheHaitianCrustacean