Protest the Hero

Twist

So, who knows of them? Likes them? So forth, what do you all think.

I love them although I prefer Kezia to the more recent album. The motivation behind the topic however is they are FINALLY touring England and I've just booked tickets to see them at Underworld in MArch and I am physched.

Yeah...really didn't like the new one. Nowhere near the strength of melody that "Kezia" had. Yeah, wankery is all well and good, but I want some anthematic songs (which is where I feel bands like A Wilhelm Scream have a big edge over them). I honestly cannot remember what any of the songs on the last album 'go like', that's how little of an impression it made on me. Although, "Kezia" was overly awesome, so they were never going to live up to that.

I don't believe they're playing up here, if this tour had been post "Kezia" I'd have been straight on a coach/train somewhere to see them...now, it's not that I don't like them, it's just my enthusiasm surrounded them has dwindled, so I doubt I'll be catching them unless something radical changes my mind.

You are definitely right about the lack of anthems. On Kezia, you had pretty much every damn song and then Fortress, despite my listening to it a million times, is something I still don't know that well. It's a shame but seeing them play there Kezia stuff is more than worth the £10 I paid. Hoorah.

I'm not a massive gig go'er, so only search every once in a while. Just glad I saw before they sold out (doubt they would, but you never know.) Plus this is a headlining tour, so it makes me VERY happy.

If they play Blindfolds Aside, I'll flat out shit a brick.

I was a huge fan of these guys. Saw them live three times (twice before Kezia and once after) and owned all of their CDs. Amazing band. Not my tastes anymore, but I always give them huge props, because they played every single small town in Ontario while in HIGH SCHOOL. Crazy.