Official American Idol S8 thread.

wordsofwisdom

• 3 months later...

I hope the gay with the emo hair doesn't win. I also hope Ms. Paramore (or just generally shitty hair, because it's probably nothing like the Paramore chick's hair) Bitch does not win, either. So the douche in the middle can win for all I care.

Edited by ROC

Yeah, I don't really even see where there is a contest. Lambert is clearly the only person who feasibly should win the contest. Compare him to Danny Gokey or Matt Giraud... sure they are alright singers, but Lambert just blows them out of the water in terms of voice, presence and ability to know what songs he should be singing. Lambert gets praised for orginality, but it's not orginality: he is just able to understand what songs people are going to like and what songs sound amazing with his voice.

Loved Lil Round and she blew it. When she first came into the show, she had as much potential as arguably any contestant in it's history and she fucked it up by doing mediocre shit really, though she'll get signed up within time anyway IMO.

And Allison for the win please, she's fucking brilliant and even more fantastic when you take her age into account. Chris has surprised me as much as anyone really, he's been good that's for sure. Adam is someone I have no choice but to admit is very good, but I'll be pissed if he wins. It seems like he's been the favourite since day one and it's quite obviously he'll be recording after this, so I'm really hoping he doesn't win.

Danny or Allison for the win. Cant see Matt ever winning and I thought it was a waste using the save on him. Fuck knows how Anoop made it as far as he did, he was utter shocking. I'd like Allison right now and think she's improved more than any of them, love her. Right now I'd be happy with anyone but Adam winning it though.

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

Unless Adam Lambert rapes a child or sings Aphex Twin, the guy is winning. He can't do anything wrong in the judges or the fans eyes. Especially if what this guy is saying is reliable. The guy can dress up in drag and make out with two billion men, and I think he'd still walk away with this thing. Once again, I could be completely wrong, but all signs are point towards Adam winning this thing easily.

Yeah as much as I like Allison I don't think she's going to stick around for too long. Kris,Danny and Adam have never been in the bottom 3 whereas Allison and Matt have been in it constantly so they are going to be the next two to get eliminated with the three guys making up the top 3.

I hope Kris Allen somehow sneaks into the top 2 but there's no way I can see Adam Lambert losing..he has a great voice, terrific prescence and has the whole "Edward Cullen" vibe which the screaming teenagers dig nowadays.

• 2 weeks later...
So your final 3 are Danny, Kris, Adam.

Honestly, as long as Danny's gone next, I could care less. I don't know what his fanbase is, but it sure as hell is closer to Taylor Hicks' than any actual idols.

Danny's got a good story that lets people get behind him. I agree he doesn't really have a solid market for an album, at least none that I can see right now, but I can't rule him out of the competition just because of his story winning people over.

I don't like Kris, but he could do a decent folk-style album mixed with some country, some soft rock. Not gonna be a huge seller, but might find a niche market.

Adam's clearly got huge potential. Curious whether he gets with a band or tries to do something solo. Either way, he's got a great understanding of musical arrangement, is a great performer, and has amazing vocal abilities. Whether he wins or not, he should have the best career of the season.

I liked Allison too and she could put out a decent album too once she's older. I don't think the time's right for her now, let her gain more life experience and have more to draw on. I'm afraid if she does an album now, it'll flop and set her back.