Ridley Scott to remake The A-Team

LexChaney

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team.

Taken from BBC

Ridley Scott to remake The A-Team

Director Ridley Scott has signed up to produce the big screen remake of 1980s TV show The A-Team, according to industry paper Variety.

The film, due out in 2010, will be updated so that the army veterans will have fought in the Middle East and not in Vietnam, Variety adds.

It says Joe Carnahan will direct and hopes to make a "popcorn movie" that "reflects on the real world".

The cult TV show starred George Peppard as Hannibal and Mr T as BA Baracus.

Dirk Benedict, as Face, and Dwight Schultz, as Murdoch, completed the quartet of mercenaries "accused of a crime they didn't commit".

Carnahan said 20th Century Fox had asked him "to make it as emotional, real and accessible as possible without cheesing it up", Variety added.

Actors including Bruce Willis and Ice Cube have been rumoured to be on board but no names have been confirmed.

I fucking love The A-Team so I'm pretty hyped that news about a film version is going around. Mr. T better have an apperance in it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0DTWGmcEY4Q

While not related I still had to post this. :pervert:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wyz_2DEah4o

Oh, related. The theme music to the A-Team.

Edited by Sexy Lexy

How can you make an A-Team movie and not "cheese it up"?

It's the A-Team. It is, essentially, a massive block of cheddar, with brie on top, in a cheese sauce. Served with cheese straws. With a cheesecake for dessert. And that's why it's awesome. A serious A-Team movie would SUCK.

Edited by Farmer Reil

"Emotional, real and accessible as possible without cheesing it up?" Mr. Scott should watch the source material before signing up as producer, so he doesn't make stupid statements like that one. I get that The A-Team will need to be modernised to make it work, but they can't make this serious and undoubtedly stuff it with nine million references to 9/11. Surely they need to be looking at making it a family-friendly version of Bad Boys, if Bad Boys had a customizable van?