Dollhouse

zero

That was by far the best episode yet. Anyone who's had doubts about the show, I urge you to watch episode 8.

The only part about the entire episode I didn't really like/understand was why the bird that works undercover with the FBI bloke needed closure? As far as I could tell, she didn't even remember her child until she was released, did she?

Yeah, the odd numbered episode/even numbered episode rule in terms of episode quality remains intact, that was absolutely brilliant plotting the whole way through.

Last nights episode has been BY FAR the best one of the entire series. If it get better at this rate i will hope for a second season.

There also is some kind of mixup, Weehdon Produced one episode more than FOx ordert, that one (ep 13) might end up just beeing released on the DVD. The same fate that is in for the original Pilot (wich is said to be a lot better than the one they ran on FOX, but who knows)

We have not heared from Alpha in a while. I guss with the spy out of the Dollhouse we should see a start of the season final buildup with him very soon.

Here's how Minear explains it on Whedonesque: "Okay. So maybe I can help clarify this somewhat. Because we scrapped the original pilot—and in fact cannibalized some of its parts for other eps—we really ended up with 12 episodes. But the studio makes DVD and other deals based on the original 13 number. So we created a stand-alone kind of coda episode. Which is the mythical new episode 13. The network had already paid for 13 episodes, and this included the one they agreed to let us scrap for parts. It does not include the one we made to bring the number back up to 13 for the studio side and its obligations. We always knew it would be for the DVD for sure, but we also think Fox should air it because it's awesome."

The DVD and Blu-ray release of Dollhouse drops on July 28, TVShowsonDVD.com reported. The discs will contain all 13 episodes—"Ghost," "The Target," "Stage Fright," "Gray Hour," "True Believer," "Man on the Street," "Echoes," "Needs," "A Spy in the House," "Haunted," "Briar Rose," "Omega" and "Epitaph One"—as well as the original unaired pilot episode, "Echo," the site reported. (Amazon.com is already taking pre-orders for the DVD.)

Here's how Fox describes "Omega": Alpha's reign of terror continues as his obsession with Echo endangers Caroline's survival; Ballard must make a life-changing decision; and one Doll is permanently deactivated while another's shocking past is revealed.

Dollhouse airs Fridays at 9 p.m. The next episode, "A Spy in the House of Love," airs April 10.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/will-fox-air-only-12-of-d.php

Trailer for Episode 10 (will air in two weeks, no show next week)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksAHpruPilA

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Okay, would people say this is worth watching? I ask because it got negative comments at first, but it seems a few people here are giving it a little more praise now. I was very interested at first, then watched Episode One and couldn't make it through the Episode because it just completely lost my interest to be honest. Maybe I didn't give it much of a chance, but has it gotten better as time has gone by? I'm thinking about giving it one more try, but I'm really not sure. Not to mention numerous talk of it getting cancelled and I cant stand getting into a programme, only for it to get cancelled.

Yeah, it's picked up quite a bit over the last couple of episodes and I would suggest trying to get through the first few episodes which may drag on a bit because the last couple of weeks have been really good.

Basically, my recommendation for Dollhouse would be as follows; watch all of episode two, just read a recap of episode three and maybe watch all the scenes with Ballard in it because those are actually good unlike the dull as dishwater main plot, watch all of episode four, episode five you can take or leave but some of the stuff at the end was pretty important for last week's big reveal, and then everything from six onward ranges from good to excellent.

• 3 weeks later...

I´ed say watch Episodes 6, 8 and 11 to be ready for the final (wich i expect to be good aswell)

Thats four Episodes worth watching out of 12... they realy screwed this up... i hope they get another 12 to prove that they can do better but i would not cry if this show dos not get renewed. (this is mostly due to the "monster of the week" episodes not working at all)

Sugestions for the Final....

The way Alpha talked to Saunders hints that she might be a Doll....

No Idea what will happen with ballard, echo and alpha...maybe there is another party in this endgame...

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Okay, that is far too low a percentage as far as the episodes they got right. Also, there's a spoiler tag. Like so.

Even though I knew that Alan Tudyk was Alpha from weeks ago when I accidentally got spoiled, his transition from the fake persona he put on as the environmental systems guy (a pretty standard Tudyk comedic role) to Alpha was incredible. I had no idea he could play a psychopath that convincingly.

Looks like another Whedon show joins Firefly in being one series long. I would really like to see more Dollhouse, I think the show show's promise, but I just can't see it happening. Hopefully they somehow wrap up the Alpha story in the next episode, because otherwise we'll never find out what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that season finale was incredible. I like the open ending, in case they bring it back.

To begin with, it was put on a weird night. Fridays? I always watched it through DVR.

It took a while to really get going, but I think the early episodes set up the later episodes really well.

It seems like all the shows I like are always in danger of being canceled. Thank goodness the Gods have smiled upon Friday Night Lights.

They are in talks for a second season, if it happens, we don´t know yet... but twitter tells us they are in talks.

I did not like the Season Finale that much, but it was a better one. The only zOMG great Episode was "a spy in the house of love".... i still think this show is trubble wen it comes to "Monster of the Week" Episodes because they just are no fun (unlike Buffy, CSI and so on), Maybe they need to change the concept around a bit.

I think Ballard would still work against the Dollhouse in an eventual season 2... i also thing they would need a new outsider of some kind.

I really don't see there being a second series when the show apparently got a fairly naff rating for the final episode. To be fair, the only thing that I really enjoyed about this show towards the end was Alpha. If they'd kept Echo as the girl with something like 40 personalities, had Alpha destroy the last copy of Caroline's personality and turned her rouge, maybe I'd have been more interested, because that could really work for some amazing character development. Echo would have to sort of, find herself amongst all the other people inside her head whilst trying to survive on her own.

Maybe we'd actually have a reason to give a rat's ass about the lead character then >_> Honestly, I've never been let down by something Whedon before (and I don't say that because I'm a fanboy, I say it because... well, I liked pretty much every character in Buffy, Angel, Firefly and even Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. (Yeah, I was one of the three people that liked Riley)) but the character's in this series are really just... unlikeable. Not even in the way that the actors are bad, their just all so bland.

I've hated Agent Ballard since he first came into the show, he's probably the worst offender. I can find no reason to like him, at all. Next up is Echo, who just when I'm growing to like her... she has her personality wiped and it's back to the drawing board. DeWitt just became a bit gash towards the end of the show, The Handler started out as the most interesting character, only to fizzle out when he stopped being Echo's handler and become mostly pointless. And I couldn't have cared less about the doll with the massive nose who was possibly Asian or Victor. (Apart from the episode where they returned to being their real personalities)

Really, the only three people I cared about in this show were (in order) Alpha, Topher and Amy Acker's character. (Though that was mostly out of interest in what the big mystery behind her was, not to mention I've got a soft spot for Fred.)

On the plus side, thanks to the idea behind the Dollhouse, if they do get a series two then hopefully they'll find a way to write out some of the not so interesting characters.

It would've been nice to get some closer on the Ballard vs. The Dollhouse story. I mean, he's trying to prove it exists, he gets there and then he's working for them? I understand why...apparently he wants to save Echo, but from the Dollhouse's perspective, it's like they kept him alive for a reason? To help them find Alpha?

To top it all off, I sometimes think EVERYONE inside the dollhouse is a doll.

I really dug the finale and I really enjoy the entire cast except, hilariously, Echo who depends on the episode.

Also? Renewed for a second season order of thirteen episodes. It's a miracle!

Basically, it got renewed because of strong DVR and Hulu numbers, plus the assumption that Whedon geeks are going to buy the hell out of the DVDs. But... yeah. Yeah. I was not expecting this.