Sporting Simulation/Management Games

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up Pro Cycling Manager 2008 and christ its complicated, i was looking for a nice, easy FM-esque experience and it seems pretty heavy to me. This may have something to do with me knowing nothiinng about cycling however.

My thoughts exactly. I'm a bit dreadful at it. The tutorial wasn't greatly enlightening either.

Edited by metalman

I've played on it once and not come back since. Was highly complicated and ran quite slowly for me. Will have to come back to it when I have the patience to get into it properly and figure it out.

Guest Mr. Potato Head
Hey MPH, that expansion mode you were talking about? Do other expansion teams and divisional realignments come in at the right time, or will the league look the same from the year it starts on?

Everything happens at the right time, with the *possible* exception of Interleague play (which you can fix manually).

International Cricket Captain and Pro Cycling Manager Two EXCELLENT simulations but not US sports.

Meh. ICC is OK for a few seasons while you know the players but it's all a bit silly when they start retiring because nobody has any attributes.

There is no way of telling how good a player is at all. I know that in real life you dont get attributes mapped out but you can at least scout a player before offering them a contract.

Second team average is a pretty decent indication of how rookies go.

• 2 months later...
Guest Mr. Potato Head

The original GM Hockey (if it's the game I'm thinking of) seemed like a game with a lot of bells and whistles but no real backbone. You could send the Mafia to injure other teams' stars, but there was very little in the way of actual SIMULATION. Don't know if the sequel's any better.