Sporting Simulation/Management Games

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I love EHM :wub:

The year is 2011, the Leafs had been having an ok season, nothing great (not like a few years prior). We really needed a shake up, and I noticed....Alexander the Great is not listed as untouchable! So I go hard! I needed a top line winger, as Erik Cole was unhappy, and was refusing to resign. And apparently the Capitals (2nd in the east) thought really highly of him.

We hammer out a deal, all my second round picks for the year, Erik Cole, and I think an AHL scrub for Ovie, who has another year on his contract. My top line has become Ovie (highest points of the year), Forsberg (Still awesome for 37), and Jeff Carter. Ovie seemed to be the missing peice, as we go almost 10 games undefeated, we end up getting to 2nd in the east! The first 11 games of the playoffs we win, destroying Devils and the Panthers. Then, the lightning come back from 3-0 to make it to game 7......end of regulation........2-2...............OT1? Nothing. OT2.........Ovie scores!

After that, we kill the Kings in 5. Yay!

Asshole. I can never do that well with the Leafs. I think I have won the Cup once in EHM and that was with the Flyers.

I laugh at you! In this game, second time winning the cup. In 2005, I won at least 4-5 times.

So from free.. to $2 ? I believe I still have the setup file somewhere.. dunno whether it would work.. if anybody is interested ?

EDIT: Nevermind, don't have it.. if I find it I'll upload it

Edited by EddieG

Baseball Mogul 2010 includes the ability to take over an expansion team and conduct the expansion draft. MPH likes.

That is an awesome addition to the game. I am now considering getting Baseball Mogul 2010 in the future.

Guest Mr. Potato Head
Baseball Mogul 2010 includes the ability to take over an expansion team and conduct the expansion draft. MPH likes.

That is an awesome addition to the game. I am now considering getting Baseball Mogul 2010 in the future.

The only thing that would make it better would be if they used the real protected lists, but I'm sure that won't be the case.

does anybody know a decent rugby management game? I really wanna win things with the Scarletts :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...

Sports Mogul gave me this link in my e-mail confirming my "purchase" of Baseball Mogul 2009 (When they had the free offer..) don't know whether it will work or not but if ya want it.. PM me :)

• 3 weeks later...

These are probably my favourite type of games. Finally, now that I've got a good laptop I want to try as many as possible for as many sports as possible.

I already know the obvious Football Manager but I'm a bit naive as to the rest. I'd appreciate suggestions for any sport.

I've also heard good things about Pro Cycling Manager as well, but I know next to nothing about professional cycling.

International Cricket Captain and Pro Cycling Manager Two EXCELLENT simulations but not US sports.

Meh. ICC is OK for a few seasons while you know the players but it's all a bit silly when they start retiring because nobody has any attributes.

There is no way of telling how good a player is at all. I know that in real life you dont get attributes mapped out but you can at least scout a player before offering them a contract.

About damn time. Now, if they could expand the protected lists a bit, it'd be even better.

I have a 1988 Braves save, and when the Rockies finished their expansion draft, the middle of their lineup had Jeff Bagwell, Ken Griffey Jr., Matt Williams, Juan Gonzalez, and Pete Incaviglia. All five of them jacked 40 HRs or more, Griffey only doing it in 91 games, and Bagwell ended up with 63 (and 188 RBI). Kind of ludicrous.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

About damn time. Now, if they could expand the protected lists a bit, it'd be even better.

I have a 1988 Braves save, and when the Rockies finished their expansion draft, the middle of their lineup had Jeff Bagwell, Ken Griffey Jr., Matt Williams, Juan Gonzalez, and Pete Incaviglia. All five of them jacked 40 HRs or more, Griffey only doing it in 91 games, and Bagwell ended up with 63 (and 188 RBI). Kind of ludicrous.

I think BM is using the real MLB rules for protected lists. Unfortunately, the AI doesn't seem to realize that 24-year-olds who are hitting .400 with 50 HR in AAA are worth protecting.