Evolution Festival

TheRossWalker

I might go to some of the Unsigned shit, I dunno. It's about 50/50 whether I'm at work or not, and with it being the last "official" day of sixth form, I'm sure I could persuade a couple of people to go through town for a bit. Saturday and Sunday, I'm busy, but I'm there Monday.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And James Yuill pulling out = fucking shit. :(

I think the current 'plan' seems to be.

Sunday

• Baltic early afternoon, catch Yuksek (maybe some others, Yuksek's all I'm interested in now though)
  • Cross the river, decamp in a pub to watch the match (Presuming us vs. Villa will be on? More than likely it will be)
  • Hit up White Lies, Human League and The Wombats while very drunk and happy or angry. Seems like a solid day.

• If I can be arsed to drag myself up that early Marina and Little Comets are musts. I really want to, but not sure if my mates would be up for it/I'd be feeling it.
    • Dick about for a bit, maybe decamp in a pub for a bit
    • See Little Boots or Ladyhawke (as they'll probably clash :()
    • Go see Friendly Fires, fuck off...early night in preparation for the next day's exam.
Edited by YI

I so badly want to nail the Cooperage on Monday. Pretty much in that vicinity anyway, it's been over 4 months since I've been (which is insane thinking about it, but my birthday was the last time I went). Fucking exams. :( Part of me's thinking "I'm going to be hungover and unprepared anyway, I may as well go all out"...grrrrr.

Oh my plan was to go to that Digital place. Though it will far more likely actually be getting lost trying to find it.

Easy enough to find it. Just head toward the Centre of Life and follow the dirty youths once you're down there.

He's from Scotland though. And his only past experience of the area was going to a Sunderland match with a bunch of burly men and a girl with a boys haircut. :shifty:

Just find the train station (come back the way you went down to Spiller's Wharf/crossed the millennium bridge to see Ladyhawke, whatever you do), and then yeah, head towards the centre of life and follow the dirty youths once you're down there. :shifty:

Don't go too far though, or you'll end up in the gay district.

Edited by YI

He's from Scotland though. And his only past experience of the area was going to a Sunderland match with a bunch of burly men and a girl with a boys haircut. :shifty:

em yeah that's exactly the case. my mum was a tour guide too you know. >_>

Anyway main reason we're going to Digital or something is cause we're not getting back till 6am next morning and we're too cheap to get accommodation, but also don't want to walk around Newcastle all night as it will be cold and boring.

To be fair, Digital's a great night. Especially Monday's because of the catchy tunes and epic 80's cheese. Stonelove on a Thursday as far as indie nights go, isn't that great, but still a good laugh. Great on weekends, but far, far too expensive unless it's a DJ you know/appreciate, like Lisa Lashes (although I went to that for free :shifty:) or High Contrast (who I missed on Friday because of revision :() I wouldn't go.

On a Monday, Liquid would be your cheapest option, but Digital is most definitely your safest option, because Liquid's a bit of a hike away...and to be fair, it took me about a year after the first time I went to figure out exactly where Liquid was sober. :shifty:

That chippy where they keep giving out the advertisements for (handwritten/photocopied ¬_¬) when you leave Digital is open for a canny while, just doss in there until they kick you out. Should be like 4, if not later.

Just go to McDonalds on Grainger Street, it's open 24 hours. Same for Northumberland Street, though Grainger's a lot closer to the station, and pretty much a straight walk down the road. Plus, if I stay out, you'll probably see me in there around 3. :shifty:

...wait...wait...what!??!?!! How come I never know about these things? Like the phantom 24 hour Greggs...does Newcastle have a 24 hour Greggs? I know Sunderland does, but people keep saying the one across from Central is 24 hours...I've passed it a fuckload (generally when having a piss outside the Thistle Hotel), never seems to be open.

To be fair...I don't think I'd be able to emotionally manage 'Greggs Roulette' when drunk. It's bad enough at the best of times, I'd probably end up weeping in the street. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Yeah, Born in the 80s. Get there before 12 though, if possible unless you want to pay significantly more than 80p. Also, the 24 hour McDonalds is the one opposite Mushroom so it's usually filled with a more rowdy clientele as it were. If there's not a policeman there, it's been a quiet night.

I've never had a problem in Mushroom. Think it's a pretty cool place. A bit crowded on weekends, but it's a good place. Surely the 'rowdy' lot aren't generally out on Monday's...but then again, it's bank holiday.

Yeah, Born in the 80s. Get there before 12 though, if possible unless you want to pay significantly more than 80p. Also, the 24 hour McDonalds is the one opposite Mushroom so it's usually filled with a more rowdy clientele as it were. If there's not a policeman there, it's been a quiet night.

Theres a 24 hour McDonalds in the main street on your way to Haymarket as well

Also, dont suppose any EWB'ers fancy meeting up on Monday at Digital so I dont have to go by myself <_<