Star Trek!

Guest The Psychotic One

Guest The Psychotic One

You know, every time I see a thread about Pokemon, Dragonball Z, Jackass, ET-FUCKIN-CETERA, I feel like vomiting. So! I thought I'd return the favour. Anyone here square-rooted their nerdidom by watching both wrestling AND Star Trek? I'm a Next-Gen fan myself.

Funny, six years ago I wouldn't have viewed wrestling as a nerdy pastime, but... well... all I can say is that it's extremely hard to watch.

I'm a huge Trekke. Favourite TV program going. I'm a huge fan of DS9, the Next Generation and Voyager. I'm still a little indefferent on Enterprise, as I can't really get into it to much.

Taking back nothing. Voyager hit it's stride in the forth season when it basically was a show about three characters (plus Kate Mulgrew getting a hair cut made her act), going back to the old series style set-up with Kirk / Spock / Bones.

Voyager it became a show about Janeway / Doctor / Seven.

That was a good thing.

The Doctor = Best Character ever.

Yeah. But only when played by Tom Baker. :P

Seriously, though, I'm a big Trek fan. My two favorites are the original series and Next Generation. I actually liked Voyager, didn't like DS9 too much after they started the war with the Dominion, and can't get into Enterprise. I watch Enterprise occasionally, but I've probably seen less than a dozen episodes, and only one from this season.

I wish the rumors I had heard about a series featuring Riker and Troi had been true. :(

Garek = Best Charecter Ever.

Actually, Garek plus Dukat = Best Characters Ever.

What can I say, I'm a huge DS9 mark. And quite frankly once the war gets going it blows the rest of them out of the water. I probably like all of the other series about equally, except for Enterprise which I couldn't quite get into, and also I've seen TNG episodes SO many times on Sky 1 that I can hardly be bothered with them any more.

The Doctor was good until he became obsessed with 7 of 9 and then proceeded to become significantly less interesting (apart from that episode where he was sent over to this experimental Federation ship that had been taken over by Romulans, and had to rescue it with the help of another EMH. That was a good episode).

Speaking of which, Romulans rule.

I used to be a huge fan, but by the time Voyager launched, I was growing out of Star Trek.

I used to love Next Generation. Data and Picard are still my 2 fav. Star Trek characters (I seriously love the 'skits' with these two, and both characters friendship growth). I liked all TNG characters though, bar Troy and Wesley Crusher.

I liked DS9 too, with its better character arc and develpment. That was another good show.

I have seen quite a few voyagers now (mostly cos I just have it on when there is nothing else), and do like that too. I agree, the show became much better with Janeway/Doctor/Seven as major characters.

I'm actually in a mini Star Trek revival phase now. Having hardly watched at all (bar the films, and a few Voyager episodes) for about 6/7 years, I watched First Contact (awesome movie) the other day, and that got me back into it. I wanted desperately to watch TNG and DS9 again, but they dont seem to be on over here, so I cant get back into the show, and my revival phase seems to have died out :(

Have watched the odd Voyager in the last few weeks though. Well, 2 episodes.............

I've literally fallen in love with Voyager. I used to see it as the inferior show, but since it's been on Sky One every weekday...I just can't miss it! If I do I get well pissed off!

The best characters have to be the Doctor, Tom Paris and Q! How could nobody have mentioned Q? He might not have been a 'regular', but he was gold everytime he appears. The TNG episode 'Deja Q' was on today, and there were times when I literally burst out into laughter.

Guest The Psychotic One

about Pokemon, Dragonball Z, Jackass, ET-FUCKIN-CETERA

Take it back before I make Cade shove a fork up your wang ;)

You'll make Cade do what? A fork? Like some kind of spastic Abdullah The Butcher? Please. With a comment like that, I'm surprised Cade hasn't already cracked your head with several dozen Fire In The Holes. In fact, wasn't that the Teen Idol with your girlfriend? :o Did I just see that? Oh man, he's living up to the gimmick, and you're here defending Charmander? :D I've known Cade from back when he was trying to hawk us tapes of his backyard "wrestling", and... er... well he's still hawking us tapes of him wrestling.

Anyway...

I actually managed to buy the entire seven seasons of TNG on DVD - they were cheap tho, it's not like I was going to pay the full $NZ250 for each box set. Through my second viewing of the series, I've actually come to like Worf's character a whole lot more. Yesterday's Enterprise is a golden episode, Cause And Effect, Remember Me, the whole Commander Sela thing... blah. Don't get me started. TNG rules.

The Doctor = Best Character ever.

Yeah. But only when played by Tom Baker. :P

Tom Baker was never in Star Trek. :P

Perhaps you've heard of a show called Doctor Who?.....

It was a joke, because Tom Baker was the 4th Doctor.

Yes I know Doctor Who. (there was :P smilie)

Also played by William Hartel, Patrick Troughton, Worzel Gummage, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann and several other people in sketches and audio dramas.