Pro Wrestling X

Herr Matzat

They just released a new gameplay Video last night... they have been working and investing on this thing since forever now... 2003 or something?

2 Minutes of Gameplay Footage... not to bad, maybe a bit choppy.

Welcome to Wrestling Gamers United Newsletter #362

Early newsletter this week as I'll be out of town for a few days. But we've got something a little nifty to share that you might be glad to see a few days early...

1) Gameplay Videos Available

I was chatting with a PWX supporter earlier today about our upcoming gameplay videos and he

helped put things in perspective for me. I'm so genetically frickin' close to this project that

it's hard to stand back and appreciate it on any other level. If I manage to put the

entire back story out of my mind and just look at what we've accomplished as a gamer I can

even manage a smile. To actually be able to put real gameplay footage out there and not just

concept art or pre rendered promo vids is a damn good feeling. We may not have cured cancer

or become the almighty saviors of wrestling gaming just yet but we at least made it to the

top of a long personally challenging climb and planted our humble little flag.

With that being said, please enjoy this new gameplay video. Everything here is real time

footage taken in game during gameplay. No cut scene stuff, no scripted actions. Perfect? No.

But we love it because, with lots of your help, we did something just a little bit special.

Thank you.

Not everything in Uprising is in this video. Gotta keep somethings a surprise, eh?

In the meantime and in between time, that's it, another edition of

Wrestling Gamers United.

Thank you for your support,

Dave Wishnowski

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

So what the hell have we been doing all this time? Why haven’t we been posting screen shots every week like we used to? I’m going to let you guys in on a little secret (but only if you promise not to tell anyone).

Game development isn’t always as sexy as we all dreamed it would be.

The fun stuff (dreaming up capabilities, animating moves, creating characters, etc.) is always eclipsed by certain realities (budgets, programming, bug fixes).

1: Hey I should form a band

2: Do you know how to play any instruments?

1: No

2: Do you know what you're going to do?

2: Could you financially support yourself for the first few years knowing that there's no guarantee that you'll ever break even?

2: Don't you think you should know what you're setting yourself up for before you blindly make a stab at it?

1: ... Hey I should write books

Yeah, I think you have to keep in mind that this game has been built entirely from the ground up by a very small group of people. I think given their incredibly limited resources, it's not bad. I think it's pretty impressive for something that was born out of a message board debate when someone was trying to claim WrestleMania X-8 on the Gamecube didn't completely suck ass.

Yeah, I think you have to keep in mind that this game has been built entirely from the ground up by a very small group of people. I think given their incredibly limited resources, it's not bad. I think it's pretty impressive for something that was born out of a message board debate when someone was trying to claim WrestleMania X-8 on the Gamecube didn't completely suck ass.

They even had a sugestion by a tv studio to do a show about them making the game (Dokusoap esque) - i don´t realy care for the game that much, but following the progress via flying over the newsletters every now and than is realy fun... i like people going for something instead of just talking.