Fifa 09 (Xbox 360) Tournament Take 2

Sam

Inter Milan (AD) 1, Barcelona (Quasi) 0

Tight match throughout, neither team willing to take many risks and solid defending from both. Inter had a few more chances but were kept out by some very good Valdes saves. Finally broke the deadlock with half-time substitute Julio Cruz who tapped in following a corner.

Man of the Match

Maicon (Inter)

Match Stats

INT - BAR

7 Shots 2

6 On Target 2

85% Accuracy 100%

53% Possession 47%

80% Passing 73%

1 Corners 0

0 Yellow Cards 1

0 Red Cards 0

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this was a game with good defending, only Abidal was a bit poop. He really is by far the worst of all the Barca players, he misstepped several times while he could easily intercept and he wasn't that strong in guarding the ball either. I said before the tournie started I wanted Inter but obviously it was already taken and the reason why is that Inter has beasts all over the pitch. Messi got out muscled easily several times, Eto'o and Henry are not weak by any means but the defenders of Inter won every long ball easily. On the other side Ibrahimovic is larger than Puyol and Marquez so that was also difficult. For me Inter is the best team in the game, because they have everything you need; power and quality. Note to everyone: if you have a quality big guy, put him on Messi and he'll struggle. Good game, sad I couldn't do more.

Good win Animal, Chelsea can be a difficult team to beat because of their solid 5-man midfield. AD and I shouldn't have a problem playing each other, considering I see him online a lot. Looking forward to it; last time we played it was a draw (and you won in extra-time but that doesn't matter :P)

I went for a traditional 4-4-2 system, it didn't work out. :blush:

Just played The General

4 Real Madrid (Me) - (Him) Aston Villa 1

The score line doesn't say everything about the game however. He got tons of opportunities but struggled to get them on net. 8 Shots with only 2 on target.

Moment of the match for me was in the closing moments when Van De Vart biked a pass off a corner to get my on yer bike achievment and to end the game.

Also anyone know why I didn't have the updated players but he did?

Ie. no Huntelaar but he had Heskey.

That last goal was absolutely insane, it went past four defenders or so into the back of the net.

But yeah twas a nice equal game (apart from those goals eh <_<) It could very easily have been 7-0 if it wasn't for some blatant misses by Raul and a strike from Aboglohor that would usually be easily caught.

Looking forward to the other games in this tournament, actual players are far better than the computer and don't seem to hack down players as easily <_<

Beat Slogger 3-1 despite my controller disconnecting throughout the entirety of the first 60 minutes. Battery message lied to me.

He got his goal off my first disconnect when I didnt know what was happening. He ran all the way down with no resistance scored, then watched his replay. Cunt. :shifty:

Beat Slogger 3-1 despite my controller disconnecting throughout the entirety of the first 60 minutes. Battery message lied to me.

He got his goal off my first disconnect when I didnt know what was happening. He ran all the way down with no resistance scored, then watched his replay. Cunt. :shifty:

I was trying to figure out how I scored so easy, But the the hell is up with you guys knocking my guys over and not getting called ONCE? Your keeper deflected a ball up high and I got knocked over trying to chase it but didn't get called? and then you run up the middle of my defense with Van Nistlerooy and score 3 times, It really rubs it in. You deserved the win, I'm alittle pissed that I only scored once, Because I had a ton of great chances.

I been pissing about at home for a few days but should be all ready to play my game general some time later today if you're on? Just got to travel back to Cardiff first!

Yeh just me and General to play, hopefully can get that done ASAP as I haven't been around much online since getting back to Cardiff but have a free weekend now so can probably play at any point during it. Anyway so that we don't hold up anything I'll post this weeks fixtures and results from last week.

Group A

Results:

Madrid 3 - 1 Bremen

Milan P - P Villa

Table

Real Madrid – 6 pts – GD = +5

AC Milan – 1pt – GD = 0 (1 Game)

Werder Bremen – 1 pt – GD = -2

Aston Villa – 0pts – GD = -3 (1 Game)

Group B

Results:

Inter 1 - 0 Barca

Atletico 5 - 2 Chelsea

Table:

Inter – 6pts – GD = +3

Atletico Madrid – 4pts – GD = +3

Barcelona – 1pt – GD = -1

Chelsea – 0pts – GD = -5

Current Top Goalscorers (Though I don't know who scored in Rocksta-General match or who scored for slogger in his match Vs Rocksta)

Forlan – 4

Van Nistelrooy - 3

Ibrahimovic – 2

Zanetti – 1

Zambrotta – 1

Aguerro – 1

Messi – 1

Rosenberg – 1

Maxi Rodriguez – 1

Anelka – 1

Drogba – 1

Julio Cruz - 1

FIXTURES FOR WEEK 3 (PLAY BY 20/03/09 IF POSSIBLE!)

GROUP A

Real Madrid Vs AC Milan

Werder Bremen Vs Aston Villa

GROUP B

Barcelona Vs Chelsea

Inter Vs Atletico Madrid

Just wondering, how does this work

Real Madrid – 6 pts – GD = +5

AC Milan – 1pt – GD = 0 (1 Game)

Werder Bremen – 1 pt – GD = -2

Aston Villa – 0pts – GD = -3 (1 Game)

Because if both AC Milan and Aston Villa have only had one match... how has Real Madrid managed to get 6 points out of one game?