Fifa 09 (Xbox 360) Tournament Take 2

Sam

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya you're too late. And yeh a consolation round sounds good to at least keep people having a game to play. So yeh a final, 3/4th playoff, 5/6th playoff and the match to decide who's the worst!

Results

What would Group A be like without a postponed match! Anyway results and table for Group A:

Real Madrid 2 Vs 2 AC Milan

Werder Bremen P Vs P Aston Villa

Table:

Real Madrid – 7 pts – GD = +5

AC Milan – 5 pts – GD = +1

------------------------------------------

Werder Bremen – 1 pt – GD = - 2 (2 Games)

Aston Villa – O pts – GD = -4 (2 Games)

Group B

Barcelona 2 Vs 0 Chelsea

Inter 3 Vs 0 Atletico

Table:

Inter Milan – 9 pts – GD = +6

Barcelona – 4 pts – GD = + 1

---------------------------------------

Atletico Madrid – 4 pts – GD = 0

Chelsea – 0 pts – GD = -7

Top Goalscorers (This will be scaled down to the top 5 following this week)

Forlan – 4

Ibrahimovic – 4

Van Nistelrooy – 3

Raúl – 2

Kaká - 2

Zanetti – 1

Zambrotta – 1

Aguerro – 1

Adriano – 1

Messi – 1

Rosenborg – 1

Maxi Rodriguez – 1

Anelka – 1

Drogba – 1

Julio Cruz - 1

Pizarro – 1

Iniesta – 1

Henry – 1

FIXTURES FOR THIS WEEK!

Group A

Aston Villa Vs AC Milan

Werder Bremen Vs Real Madrid

Group B

Inter Vs Chelsea

Atletico Vs Barcelona

Plus postponed game of Bremen - Villa to also be played.

Edited by Sam

Me (Barcelona) 0 - 0 Animal (Atletico Madrid)

Madrid was better first half. I think Atletico's formation is great against Barca because whenever I had the ball up front, I had no options to pass to, was odd. Second half was rather even with Barca probably getting the biggest chances of the game. In extra time Eto'o scored from a Messi cross, but that's irrelevant :pervert:

Next match for me is AD.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

I barely got away with a draw in this one, Eto'o struck the post in the 90th minute from point blank range. Once again me and Quasi draw in 90 minutes.

Slogger had no problem getting up at 5am his time or whatever it was to play NHL with us, so I'm sure you'll be able to work something out.
To be fair I enjoy hockey more than Association Football.

I'll be ready to go from now till like late my time, So If General or Rocksta want to give me a shout any time.

Ya I'll be free all day now as everyone has left my house and all my friends have gone home and I'm waiting about till tomorrow to go so would love to play some fifa! Had a really busy week this week so that's why I've barely been on Xbox this week. Let's power through these fixtures as we're almost at the knockout part of the tourny!

• 2 weeks later...

Right just to give this an old bumpage, I have got my xbox all hooked up again now after like 2 weeks offline.

As we have played 3 matches I was wondering if maybe we should just skip ahead to the knockout stage of the tournament rather than try to finish the groups as interest clearly is waning! At the moment the people through to the next round of the tournament are: Madrid, AC and Inter Milan, Barcelona.

Of course the others will also be involved in matches to decide total finishing places so everyone will play games still to decide the exact finishing order of 1-8. What are peoples opinions on this?