Fifa 09 (Xbox 360) Tournament Take 2

Sam

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played Marsh (Chelsea) a few hours ago, hoped he would put a message up 'cause I was playing with a mate, but guess not.

Barca 2 - 0 Chelsea

The game started off very fast paced. I was little rusty at first and Chelsea won the second ball every time, especially Lampard was great. It went back and forth for a while until Barca gained more control over the match but just couldn't score. Chelsea did get one big chance, which I thought would get in but luckily Valdes saved like a pro. Can't remember how the first goal came about, but I think it was Iniesta who scored. Chelsea tried to force a tie but Barca used their passing ability to avoid the danger. Messi got passed 4 players once but forgot to put it in the back of the net. In the 90th minute Chelsea managed to get a corner and Cech decided to come with as well. Valdes easily got the ball and threw it to the left side where Henry shot the ball into the net from the middle line. Was a great game.

Edit: Oh and Sam, I just saw your message on XBL. We'll play sometime soon :)

Edited by Quasi Fernandez

Good win Quasi. Good for you!

Anyway can't wait to play AD, he managed to beat Quasi and that's something I never did (within 90 minutes) so he must be a good player. I'll probably be online tomorrow around 7 CET so maybe we can play our match then?

Real Madrid 2 - 2 AC Milan

The worlds laggiest match ended 2-2. 2 goals I presume can be attributed to lag, the first when Pepe ran the ball into his own goal and the 2nd when Raul scored because I was tapping the player changing button and it went crazy and it kept changing player whilst lagging away!

Not really anything to comment on the match because it really all was about the lag, it made passing and creating moves very difficult and half the time the game was 5 moves behind what I had told the controller which was irritating. Milan had the chance to win it at the end with a great through ball but Boriello ran on rather than shooting like I told him too grr :@

Other notable moments would be a KaKá goal not that I can remember it and Raul scoring, all I can remember is lag!

Edited by Sam

2-2 Regulation between me and Sam

I won in Penalties 5-4

I started off the game well by lagging into the back of my own goal barely 10 minutes into the match.

Kaka picked up Sam's second goal off a rebound in front, sliding his foot in and volleying it into the back of the net.

Raul started off the second half for Real Madrid blasting in a beautifully placed shot from outside the box.

Raul scored his second quickly after his first off a through run into the box.

4 posts for Real Madrid later we were in extra time.

2 posts later we were in Penalties :/

Penalties were pretty basic. I sat my guy in the middle and didn't move him. For some reasno Sam shot into the middle. I won 5-4.

EDIT: Yah Lag. Seriously one of the most awful games I've ever played lag wise. I blame it on Sam since he invited me to the game >_>

AND WHYD HE HAVE TO DO A REPORT TOO >_>

And will someone tell me how to get Klas etc with the transfer update?

Edited by RockstaMantis Black

Ya I was all ready to defend for the 2nd half but seeing as at times the game would actually stop I just resorted to button mashing and hoping that the ball would find someone!

Oh and General if you're about around 3ish tomorrow or just any other day that's usually the best time to play for me as I share TV with my housemates and only really play during the day in between lectures.

Edited by Sam

Good win Quasi. Good for you!

Anyway can't wait to play AD, he managed to beat Quasi and that's something I never did (within 90 minutes) so he must be a good player. I'll probably be online tomorrow around 7 CET so maybe we can play our match then?

Yeah I should be able to play any time tomorrow evening.

It is kinda of a bitch to get it to work but what I did was download the latest adidas live season update from the main menu and immediately saved it. So don't go into ranked match and save your roster because when I tried that the roster just converted back to the one that came with the game. Hope this helps.

AC Milan 1 - 0 Aston Villa

One goal was enough to see AC Milan win in the catch up match in Group B.

A cross from Borriello was met by the head of Kaka and Milan remained unbeaten in the tournament. Villa posed little threat to Milan and perhaps they should have gone on to score more with Borriello hitting the post following some free flowing football. Either way after taking the lead only to draw in their previous two games Milan must be happy to have finally chalked up those vital 3 points. Villa meanwhile head into a crunch game with Bremen knowing the importance of a win.

Inter vs. Atletico Madrid 3-0

Man I got my ass handed to me in this one. I was lucky it didn't end up in 6-0 cause AD certainly had the chances for it. From the very beginning Inter dominated the match and it resulted in a couple of chances. I thought I was lucky enough to hold a 0-0 untill halftime but after 42 minutes Ibrahimovic got trough on goal with a trough ball and he didn't fail, 1-0. Nearly 2 minutes later Ibrahimovic found himself in a similar situation and once again he made no mistake, 2-0.

In the second half Adriano scored with an absolute beauty from 25 metres that surprised the Atletico goalie who was beaten once again. After that Forlan had a chance when he was trough on Julio Caesar but the Inter goalie dived on the ball to keep a clean sheet.

Ibrahimovic 1-0

Ibrahimovic 2-0

Adriano 3-0

Oh well, I just have to beatr Quasi in the return to keep my chances of advancing to the next round.

Just throwing this out there for later on.

How about a consolation round were the bottom 2 teams in each group face off to give everyone another game or so.