Reading/Leeds Festival

YI

Was meant to b e an annnoucemny today, but NME aint put owt up yet, the cunts. Appoarently might be something with Download at 12, so gonna stay up for it, if nwot, I'm going to ed.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds site said 11am today yesterday, then it became 7, 11pm, 12....and nowt. Fuck it, bed.

Probs be Wednesday at this point...grrrrrr.

on Leeds/Reading though. Everyone needs to see Prodigy. Saw them tonight, liek full body chills. INSANE!

Edited by YI

Lost Prophets and Jamie T confirmed as NME/Radio 1 headliners...ewww...yeah, I think it's pretty safe to say, somebody has dropped out/the couldn't confirm somebody, because referring to Jamie T as a "big headliner performing a long awaited UK show" is a pile of shit, plus it would explain why there was delay in announcing from yesterday. Prophets clash with Radiohead, Jamie T with Kings Of Leon.

The fact that Jamie T, The Gossip and Glasvegas are all headlining the NME tent is pretty shit, and I like Jamie T, but he should be nowhere near the top of the bill. This annoys me mostly because looking at the years I've been to Leeds, the NME/Radio 1 headliners have all been really good/pretty big bands. Last year there was The Cribs/Babyshambles/Manic Street Preachers and 2004 had Supergrass/Super Furry Animals/Funeral For A Friend.

...just because a band have a song or two your average joe recognises...does not make them a big enough band to headline the motherfucking 2nd stage, christ. :/

Fingers crossed for a good Lock-Up. Watch me get motherfucking Anti-Flag and NOFX, causing me to want to slit my wrists. :shifty:

To be fair, I've never heard a Glasvegas song unless I've 'went out of my way' to hear it...which I don't. I mean, I hear they're 'popular', but if you never fucking hear them, are they seriously that popular? I've never heard them playing in a bar or club or anything, and I generally frequent indie bars/clubs, so you'd think I'd at least hear them from time to time.

Lost Prophets and Jamie T confirmed as NME/Radio 1 headliners...ewww...yeah, I think it's pretty safe to say, somebody has dropped out/the couldn't confirm somebody, because referring to Jamie T as a "big headliner performing a long awaited UK show" is a pile of shit, plus it would explain why there was delay in announcing from yesterday. Prophets clash with Radiohead, Jamie T with Kings Of Leon.

The fact that Jamie T, The Gossip and Glasvegas are all headlining the NME tent is pretty shit, and I like Jamie T, but he should be nowhere near the top of the bill. This annoys me mostly because looking at the years I've been to Leeds, the NME/Radio 1 headliners have all been really good/pretty big bands. Last year there was The Cribs/Babyshambles/Manic Street Preachers and 2004 had Supergrass/Super Furry Animals/Funeral For A Friend.

...just because a band have a song or two your average joe recognises...does not make them a big enough band to headline the motherfucking 2nd stage, christ. :/

Fingers crossed for a good Lock-Up. Watch me get motherfucking Anti-Flag and NOFX, causing me to want to slit my wrists. :shifty:

Ugh for serious? My choice currently stands at Jamie T or Kings of Leon? Please God tell me that's not the day where there's a dance stage instead of the Lock up, else I may be forced to pray for the Festival Republic stage to pull one out of the bag. That's if Jamie T is who I think he is, anyway.

Oh, random note. I'm praying that the dance tent will be Friday/Saturday (but with the change in day order/the heavier NME tent on the Saturday/Sunday at Leeds/Reading respectively, I'm not sure, as having a bunch of punk-rock bands on the NME tent and then clashing them with more punk-rock in the Lock-Up would be strange), as that could potentially open up Royksopp as a headliner, seeing as they're playing some festival in London on the Sunday, so would be in the UK that weekend...I wish I didn't know that as I'm just going to be disappointed when The Noisettes or Ladyhawke end up headlining. :shifty: (not that there's anything particularly wrong with The Noisettes or Ladyhawke)

...so, I guess that single announcement is all we're going to get then? If so, that's a bit shit. :/ Especially seeing as the announcement on the official site made it seem like it'd be multiple bands.

But yeah, Lost Prophets confirmed is good news. Will 99% be going to see them, bollocks to Radiohead. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Bands that I would go and see on the Reading Bill...

Fall Out Boy

Arctic Monkeys

Prodigy

Enter Shikari

Lost Prophets

Of those I can say that I'm excited only by the Prodigy.

:/

Pretty much the same as you. But take out Enter Shikari and I'm not excited about Prodigy either.

Bands I'd see on the Leeds line-up;

FRIDAY

Arctic Monkeys

The Prodigy

Maximo Park

Eagles Of Death Metal (should be some good early afternoon fun)

===============

White Lies (don't like the album, but were great last year, doubt I'll see them this year though, but I'd happily see them again, but would rather see someone else good if they clash)

SATURDAY

Bloc Party

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Brand New

===============

Lost Prophets

The Gaslight Anthem

SUNDAY

Kings Of Leon

Placebo

Fall Out Boy

Deftones

Funeral For A Friend

===============

Jamie T (although if he's a headliner, meh)

Friendly Fires

I'm most 'excited' for Deftones, Placebo, Bloc Party, Lost Prophets, The Gaslight Anthem, Brand New and motherfucking Prodigy.

Probably Lost Prophets, Deftones, Placebo the most, as I haven't seen them, but after last night I can't wait to see Prodigy again.

To be fair, I've never heard a Glasvegas song unless I've 'went out of my way' to hear it...which I don't. I mean, I hear they're 'popular', but if you never fucking hear them, are they seriously that popular? I've never heard them playing in a bar or club or anything, and I generally frequent indie bars/clubs, so you'd think I'd at least hear them from time to time.

It's the singer's voice that annoys me. As well as him being really arrogant despite the music not actually being that good.

Mike Davies will be announcing headliners on his radio show for the Lock-Up either next Tuesday (14th) or the Tuesday after. A 7th name has been thrown into the hat alongside the 6 I mentioned before (NOFX, Reel Big Fish, Bouncing Souls, Anti-Flag, Rise Against and New Found Glory), and probably the most likely to be announced to be fair, in Rancid.

Yeah, could definitely see Rancid and Rise Against as the two headliners.

Edited by YI

Manchester Orchestra self-confirmed. :o:D :D :D Awesome. Fucking Awesome!

Their new album hasn't really sunk in yet, and I've only listened to it once, but their debut album "I'm Like A Virgin Losing A Child" and last years EP are both amazing.

Edited by YI