Your 5 favourite players in your favourite team

Toronto Maple Leafs

Right now:

Luke Schenn (Jesus and Death: The New Testament)

Matt Stajan (He'll be the Steve Sullivan of this generation soon enough, unfortunately)

Tomas Kaberle ("I need to get to the other side of the rink, any ideas?" "Take the next Kaberle Express, it'll get you there in no time!"... The last real link to playoff hockey in this town. Besides Poni. And Cujo)

Ian White (He's the Leafs' Swiss Army Knife)

Brad May (Because as much as Jason Blake has been a pleasant surprise, I'd still rather have Brad May on the team in some way, shape, or form)

All-time:

Doug Gimour (That name rings bell... Oh right, he was the guy in the milk commercials years ago!)

Mats Sundin (Does Mats belong in the Hall of Fame? Jonas Hoglund averaged 45 points a season. Enough said.)

Wendel Clark (Jesus and Death: The Old Testament)

Felix Potvin (Remember when you didn't have to be the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man to be a goaltender in the NHL?)

Dmitri Yushkevich (Ate orphans for dinner and washed it down with tears of small animals)

And Gary Roberts. He can take a place on here if he wants it. I'm not going to fight it away from him.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we're all doing All-Time Top 5's as well...

David Penney-Was a terrific player for us in the Conference as an experienced hard-working midfield man, and translated that into management by taking us up from the Conference through to League One via the Third Division. A club legend.

Michael McIndoe-Possesses talent in spades and was a real superstar for us on the wing for a couple of years. Orchestrated the Division 3 title win and the Carling Cup run which dispatched Man City, Aston Villa and very nearly Arsenal as well.

Andy Warrington-Solid goalkeeper who was ever present for us in the Conference and stepped up through two leagues brilliantly, before unfortunately breaking his leg in a challenge with Nedum Onuoha against Man City, never playing for us again. Luckily he's back in the game now at Rotherham, was a terrific keeper.

Paul Green-Homegrown and has come with us through all of our successes of the last decade, before finally leaving for Derby County in the summer. He's a terrific box-to-box midfielder, and also scored a crucial goal in the Conference Play-Off Final.

Francis Tierney-He has to be on any Top Rovers list just for scoring the golden goal which got us back into the football league in 2003. Not the most nimble footballer but always determined and had a couple of great seasons. Unfortunately injury ended his career soon after that famous goal so he never really played for us or anybody else again.

Robert Snodgrass - Hated him until about November when for some reason, everything I noticed him do was useless. Now he is at the centre of everything good we do going forward, and will be one of the main reasons we get promoted (if we do of course)

Fabian Delph - He'll play for England one day. Unbelievable talent for such a young age. Needs to have more effect on away games though

Jonny Howson - I'll be honest and say if it weren't for Carlisle last season he wouldn't be on here, but fuck me I've never cheered a goal as loudly as his second last season

Jonathan Douglas - Not the best by any stretch of the imagination, but does his best. Recently been filling in at right back (although naturally central midfielder) and has done really well.

Richard Naylor - Someone who can sort out a defence, which we've badly needed.

Also, fuck Beckford the petulant cunt. I know he scores goals for fun, but if he don't find his dummy we need to get rid.

For recent history I'll go with Tony Yeboah, Lucas Radebe, Mark Viduka, James Milner and David Batty

I'd agree with your list there except swap Yeboah or Milner for Big Nige, no-one got past him, if O'Leary (?) hadn't dropped him for Robinson we'd still be in the Premiership.

Since we're all doing All-Time Top 5's as well...

David Penney-Was a terrific player for us in the Conference as an experienced hard-working midfield man, and translated that into management by taking us up from the Conference through to League One via the Third Division. A club legend.

:wub: