Rollercoaster Tycoon 2

I suck at custom designing rides, but I'm fine at the making money aspect of the game.

On another note, what do you guys do? Charge people just to get into the park (and for concessions), or free entry but costly rides? I usually go for the first option.

In the first game you have the option as far as I can remember, but in RCT2 it's dependent on which level you play.

I installed RCT2 to the computer at work last night :w00t: For some reason you can charge a hell of a lot more money per ride on the Electric Fields level in comparison to Crazy Castle. £4.00 for the Magic Carpet and Vertical Launch and I was turning a profit after just 4 months.

Built a cheap (but awesome) double loop reverse incline-powered steel coaster. I love these, they take up next to no room, cost nothing, get a lot of guests on and off quickly and make you a fortune. £5.00 a ride at the moment. 8 months in and my loan's paid off and by year 2 I have £5K of my own. Already got the required amount of guests to complete the scenario too.

I like this game too much. :unsure:

Oh how i would like to join you... but the game is so badly coded that it dos not run under bookcamp... i still have my original CD even though it´s on the web for free (at least i think it is)

I believe it was coded in assembly code which might explain why that doesn't work, not that it's badly coded.

So, it turns out I am not good at 2, but rather 1....I have 1 and the expansions, did Leafy Lake last night, at the end of three years I had....32k I think.

Edit: Oh, hey! I have two too! I got it in a cereal box :shifty:

Edited by Ruki The Treasure Hunter

After 2 years or so the little peeps aren't so willing to pay £1.80 to go on the slide. So I close the thing down, delete it, build the exact same ride in the exact same spot and re-open it at the exact same price. No-one complains. Guess they're rather forgetful.

Kinda like how in real life all the shops did that 2.5% tax cut for like 2 weeks then put all the prices back up and expected us not to notice. <_<

I did a Google search a few days ago to find out the same thing. Apparently you can't run RCT2 in windowed mode, but you can on the first game.

I've completed the 3 beginner scenarios. I'll move up to the harder ones next. I'll probably download the add-on packs eventually.