Nufan

You up for a best out of 3 battle?

One of us picks first and second rules and if necesarry somebody else comes in to pick rules for the decider?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You up for a best out of 3 battle?

One of us picks first and second rules and if necesarry somebody else comes in to pick rules for the decider?

Sure am dude

you can make the first rules

You're head of the advertising department of your gaming company.

Your company is ready to release a brand new game GTA like.

Your job:

Create a billboard style ad (600*400)

Create a name for the game (obviously :P)

Make sure by the background you can tell which city / state / country it's situated in

Have at least 3 people advertised on it (Main Character/Main Enemy/Girl Character)

Sound okay?

Deadline.. friday midnight CET? as in friday to saturday night.. Not sure what time that will be in Aussie

And first to 3 again I guess ?

its four in the afternoon here on monday... ill just get mine up as soon as i can

Okay when I started I realized just how ridulously hard it would be to make a promo on 600*400 so.. if you haven't started yet.. I suggest we can change the size?

As long as it's wider than it is high I guess will do?

Yeah, I havent started yet.... and since you haven't do you think we could tweak the rules a bit.

I find game covers hard to do, because they are usually cartoony or feature people from the game and not actors...

do you think we could do the promo for a movie based on a GTA game. That way we have to pick actors and what not.

If you dont want to that is cool, I will work something out for the game promo

Easy-Money.png

Well.. like it says based on the novel.. which is a novel I read years ago and lost it some time along the way and I can't remember the author which kinda takes something away from it for me 'cause I wanted it to say "Based on the novel by Bla di bla" but o well.. I kinda like the turn out

Knowing you you'll probably blow me away with your graphic but best of luck to ya anyway (Y)

Edited by EddieG

gtamovie.jpg

here is mine

based the movie off GTA 3

Rhona is the villian, Missy the girl and Freddy the good guy Claude

Can anyone vote on this?

If so, I'd go with nufan's, but I've seen better work by both of you. nufan seems to have captured the feel of GTA and I'm not too fond of EddieG's font.

I expect better from both of you next time. You've both had it rather easy this time around. :shifty:

Why is EddieG's film based on a novel, I thought it was supposed to be based on a GTA game? And also did you both just throw out the part about the city the film is based in needing to be clear in the background?

Eddie's is pieced together okay but the text isn't great and you don't really need a border for a billboard advert and if you do have one I don't think it should be green, it attracts too much attention when you want your focus to be the name of the movie and the actors in it. I also think it's a bit vague, you can pretty much guess it's a movie because what else would be 'based on a novel', but how are you going to attract people to see the movie if there's no information on how they can see it? Just something as simple as 'coming to theatres soon' or something would work.

Nufan's is done decently enough with the GTA theme but I don't like how the cuts overlap the edge. I'm also not fond of the 'The Movie' text and the GTA logo doesn't need to be that big really. And the last comment I made about Eddie's also applies to this one as well.

Overall both are decent enough graphics but don't really do it for me as posters. I think nufan edges it.

Edited by AD

appreciate all the comments guys, yeah i noticed the whole city thing after i posted... and you are right about the GTA being too large, it takes the background scenes out.

as for my set of rules... hmmmm tough one.

I think it was done a while ago, but I enjoyed it then soooo

create a poster advertising an upcoming festival

you must provide

- Name

- Date

- Venue

- Bands (its a festival so more than say 4)

Be creative, can't be named something that already exists.

let me know if u don't like the rules

tulip.png

Wow, came out a lot better than I expected and possibly even hoped for :P

Erm.. the reason behind it being called Tulip Festival 'cause of the location which is Lisse which is "famous" for the Keukenhof.. which is well.. let's go to Wikipedia :)

Keukenhof (pronounced [ˈkøːkənˌhɔf], in Dutch: Kitchen garden), also known as the Garden of Europe is situated near Lisse, Netherlands, and is the world's largest flower garden. According to the official website for the Keukenhof Park, there are approximately 7,000,000 (seven million) flower bulbs planted annually at the park.

So yeah there ya go (Y)

EDIT: Crap.. meant to be September 19-20 but I changed the font after and never realized it didn't have the -

Edited by EddieG

here is my entry

lets get to voting

nice poster btw dude

pnd.jpg

Pretty easy here for me, as nufan's does the job better. I think it's a better concept with the names written on the back of the jacket. The typography isn't great, and the cut is pretty rough but he gets major props for going out of the ordinary. Eddie G's is too noisy for my taste. The graininess really takes away from it and the choice for typefaces isn't a good one either. A bit too busy, something that crowded has to have a better layout.