So what are you playing now?

Looked for an easy to find thread and couldn't find one to hand so thought I'd start this - basically if you're playing a game and have some kind of thoughts on it at a certain moment this is the place to post it - whether it's plot, graphics, strengths, weaknesses...Whatever.

So yeah, I just bought Farcry 2 on the back of some decent words from folk and just played through the opening jeep drive with you as passenger to "insert" you into the world....And then your character gets malaria or a malaria-caused migraine or something and I was just WOW cos all the blurring around the edge and the disorietation is JUST like a migraine (I've suffered hrough a couple every year since I was 14 or so). In one way I'm impressed, in the other I feel sick!

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SmackDown vs. RAW 2009, trying out the new DLC. Just got through a match where I was Super Crazy against Shelton Benjamin. It seemed that Crazy only knew one top rope move; the Split Legged Moonsault. That bothered me a bit.

Continuation on FarCry 2. More and more impressed as I play (all of another 20 minutes wow go me.....)

Car feels good to drive, it just feels like I CAN walk when I want or drive when I want. It's hard to describe but the way it's set up feels like you are a pawn in a larger situation. Times change as you choose how long to sleep etc etc. It's like GTA meets the original Mercenaries meets Just Cause - just better than the sum of the parts should be. I'm sure something will annoy me before too long though....

EDIT:

Ok so had to head into an enemy camp to rescue some foreigner or something. Now you CAN just drive right in guns blazing but you can also scope out all the important stuff and then sneak around with your machete. Feels nice and tense and stealthy. I hope it retains this sense of stealth and action.
Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Baseball Mogul 2010 (think EWR, but running a baseball team rather than a wrestling promotion). Retro scenarios are essentially builty in - you can pick any team from 1901 to the present, and real players are added every year.

There's a new feature this year where if you take control of an expansion team, you can do the expansion draft yourself. This is how my 1977 Blue Jays ended up with Lou Brock, Larry Bowa, and Dan Quisenberry.

It's now 1979 and we're finally maybe not going to be the worst team in baseball (aside from our cousins in Seattle). A young 19-year-old by the name of Tony Gwynn will hopefully lead us to bigger and better futures.

Edited by Mr. Potato Head

Have been playing FIFA for the last two weekends and I'm only a trophy away from Platinum but since it's the "Win 5 Interactive League Games" I won't be able to do it until next weekend as there's no games on due to the International break. >_<

In the meantime I'm trying to make some progress in Midnight Club and even after the patch which was supposed to make it a little easier I'm still finding it quite difficult despite not even being that far into the game. I can't even put it down to inexperience as I played Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition on the PS2 loads so I know how the game is supposed to work, its just the AI is far superior.

I'm playing Baseball Mogul 2009 with my 2004 Expos. I just played through August and I am trying to hold onto a playoff spot. My second best pitcher is hurt for 36 days - the rest of the season. This could be really bad.

Guest Mr. Potato Head
I'm playing Baseball Mogul 2009 with my 2004 Expos. I just played through August and I am trying to hold onto a playoff spot. My second best pitcher is hurt for 36 days - the rest of the season. This could be really bad.

My first-year Jays hit 42 home runs. As a team. Your situation is not bad. :P

Also, I was randomly reminiscing about the mid-90s Expos the other day for some reason. Mike Lansing! Oh Henry Rodriguez! FP Santangelo! Jeff Juden!

I miss those guys. :shifty:

I rented Legends of Wrestlemania on Thursday night and beat it in a marathon session going for all achievements as well. I've just been playing a match here and there since then. Other than that I picked up Call of Duty 4 last week and have been slowly going through it on the hardened difficulty. Pretty challenging but still really good. I'll probably finish it in a week or two. I don't know what to start playing after I finish it. A friend of mine has RE5 so maybe I'll do co-op with him. I've got Marvel Ultimate Alliance sitting on my shelf hardly played so I should probably get on that sometime.

Hearing about baseball mogul makes me what to get it again. I used to be addicted to it back a couple years ago.

Also, I was randomly reminiscing about the mid-90s Expos the other day for some reason. Mike Lansing! Oh Henry Rodriguez! FP Santangelo! Jeff Juden!

As a team? I have 118 and I don't really have any true slugger except Juan Rivera against left handed pitching.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Yes, 42 as a team.

Mike Lum - 9

Mike Jorgensen - 6

Ron Fairly - 5

Larry Bowa - 3

Ken Henderson - 3

Bill Nahorodny - 3

Dave Collins - 3

Ernie Whitt - 2

Joe Wallis - 2

Mike Cubbage - 1

Bob Bailor - 1

Jerry Royster - 1

John Scott - 1

Rance Mulliniks - 1

Which leaves one unaccounted for. :shifty:

You might have noticed that I have what games I'm playing underneath my avatar and I try and update it regularly, so quick thoughts on each.

DS - Pokémon Platinum

Liking the new features so far. Training an Onix, which I've never used before, and a few more of my favourites this time around. Can't wait to get to Battle Park.

PSP - Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-

I'm on New Game Plus on this trying to finish off all the missions. I really do like the style of it. I'm hoping that Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep is similar in gameplay, as Nomura suggests it is. Retaining your level on New Game Plus seems a little ridicolous still.

PS2 - Kingdom Hearts II

Started Proud Mode on this to see if it was actually a challenge, and it is. I have the walkthrough for the game, and I'm trying to be at twice the level it suggests. Also hoping I can beat Sephiroth this time around, as he was a challenge to me last time, but I was hugely underleveled which I guess won't be the case this time. There's only three things I could do without in this game: Tutorial Twilight Town with Roxas (or maybe just the first three days), 100 Acre Wood (which you need to do to get Curaga) and Atlantica (which you need to do to get Thundaga).

GBA - Legend of Zelda : Minish Cap

Restarted this after remembering I sold Phantom Hourglass. Still quite a good game, but Spirit Tracks trailer has made me disregard it a little and want Phantom Hourglass back.

iPhone - Time Crisis Strike LITE

Yeah, just the Lite version, but this suits the iPhone really well. Tilting the screen to reload is a good control. Might get the full version soon.

Yes, 42 as a team.

Mike Lum - 9

Mike Jorgensen - 6

Ron Fairly - 5

Larry Bowa - 3

Ken Henderson - 3

Bill Nahorodny - 3

Dave Collins - 3

Ernie Whitt - 2

Joe Wallis - 2

Mike Cubbage - 1

Bob Bailor - 1

Jerry Royster - 1

John Scott - 1

Rance Mulliniks - 1

That is pretty painful. I am assuming you finished dead last with that team?

Guest Mr. Potato Head
Yes, 42 as a team.

Mike Lum - 9

Mike Jorgensen - 6

Ron Fairly - 5

Larry Bowa - 3

Ken Henderson - 3

Bill Nahorodny - 3

Dave Collins - 3

Ernie Whitt - 2

Joe Wallis - 2

Mike Cubbage - 1

Bob Bailor - 1

Jerry Royster - 1

John Scott - 1

Rance Mulliniks - 1

That is pretty painful. I am assuming you finished dead last with that team?

Oooh yeah. 56-106. Somehow managed to do ever worse the next year (52-110) despite hitting over 100 homers. Things are looking up this year though, 42-67 so far, prospects coming into their own, etc.

Persona 4. The story line is better than Persona 3's, but they made some changes to the game play that I do not like, which makes the game harder. And I believe 4's Beginner difficulty level is equal to 3's Normal or Hard.

I'm also playing on Baseball Mogul 09 quite a bit atm. Got bored of my Red Sox's game and started an Expansion with the Expos. So far in the 1969 season we are 8-18 10 games behind with one home run(an inside the grounder actually). I feel my season will head down the same track as yours somehow. Also on a different note how does everyone play the game? do you do manager or player? I tend to do manager for batting and player for pitching.

Looking for something new to play aswell as I don't have much to play with. I'm going to try and pick up Oblivion for a bargain hopefully under a tenner as I don't have much money atm especially seing as I just quit my job(The manager was being an ass <_< (I only worked part time like but it got me some money))

Been giving MGS4 another run through on Boss Extreme the last week or so, which is why I haven't been on Killzone 2 for a while (that and coursework).

I've only played through MGS4 once before on my old crappy TV (see below), and let's just say there wasn't much stealth. So this time around I'm taking it slower and actually trying to stealth to it up. Each room/area is taking a while, I get through two of them in about an hour I'd say... on a good day, what with Boss Extreme on. Just about to hit Act 3 and I think play time is 10 hours so far. :|

But anyway, with this run through I can appreciate it in all of it's HD glory. I thought the first Vamp/Raiden cutscene meeting was epic in crapular vision, but fuck me its now upgraded to gloriepicous.

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate baseball in real life, but for some reason I enjoy baseball games. How is Baseball Mogul 2010?

And speaking of baseball, I'm playing MLB Power Pros 2008. I fucking LOVE this game. It plays incredibly well and features highly stylized and highly cartoon-like graphics. Seriously, I love it. The fact that it plays well and has these rad RPG elements in the MLB Life and Success modes makes it that much more rad. In MLB Life you basically live the life of an MLB player, while in Success you're trying to make the major leagues while being stuck in the AA system and having a rather standard but still rad story just in how it's presented. The characters and art style and presentation of said story is also so fucking 'Japanese RPG' that I can't help but love it. "I went out to the movies. I spent $200. I got pretty tired." never gets old.

mlb-power-pros-0894622520080513screen002.jpg

Seriously, it's like... ten bucks on the PS2, maybe thirty on the Wii. It's rad.