I need to know this song :(

YI

Okay, there were two great run-on songs while I was in HMV earlier (presume they were the same band/same album, as they sounded close enough the same). One had split/male female vocals, had synths, sounded a little dark, had a run of "Ah ah ah ah ah's" at the end. The other one was synthy again and the chorus was something like "All the choices in the world, so many boys, so many girls"...google finds nothing...my normal lyrics search engines find nothing...anyone got any ideas?

Sounded like sampled/electronic drums, if that helps...sort of a stereotypically 'dance' sounding kick as well. Sounded really good.

Edited by YI

Nowhere close. :shifty:

The 2nd one was all bloke vocals (I think), what I heard.

It was dancey, a wee bit electro-indie, but a bit chilled.

You know what the annoying thing is...in about 2/3 weeks the band will have probably 'blown up' and the song will be fucking everywhere, and I'd have forgot about it and think they're shit. :shifty:

Edited by YI

I can't find anything that matches up lyrically (plus they weren't anywhere near as raucous as I remember Shiny Toy Guns)...grrrr...given that HMV generally just play new stuff, I presume it's something new. :(

Go back and ask?

...yeah, I'm going to pay £2.90, travel the best part of a half an hour to HMV (which will be shut by the time I get there) and ask one of the DOZENS of staff that are working at any given time, what a tune which was on at lunchtime, which I can barely describe, is...they'll be like "FUCK OFF......freak, all you do is come in here to see what bands/albums are 'wrongly' put into the "METAL" section and have a giggle to yourself, oh and every now and then buy a DVD from upstairs". :shifty:

Don't really think it's a viable option honestly. Given the fact it's primarily a music store, and as such rotates its 'soundtrack' constantly.

Edited by YI

Not a hope in hell.

Grrr.

The chorus I quoted is the whole chorus and pretty much spot on, or at least the "So many boys, so many girls" bit is. And the first line definitely has "choices" (although "choices" did sound suspiciously like "justice" the first time I heard it, but it's definitely "choices") and "world" in it. :shifty:

I can't find anything that matches up lyrically (plus they weren't anywhere near as raucous as I remember Shiny Toy Guns)...grrrr...given that HMV generally just play new stuff, I presume it's something new. :(

I saw Shiny Toy Guns before their first album. It was right good.

It's got to be West End Girls. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I've waited two days to say that. >_>