The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

I read something about it maybe not being as smooth as it was, but that's probably just the media flogging a dead horse.

Now we get to spend the next months of Ribery probably staying at Bayern and Tevez who apparently has decided he doesn't want to play for Utd anymore although it's all talk through the media and it doesn't seem Tevez has actually said anything himself.

The transfer market. A journalists dream.

Yeah, Man Utd had it on their website and everything. I expect there's still a reason that the transfer could fall through but both parties seem willing and are probably just waiting to sort out the technical stuff.

What, like Ronaldo wants to pay Real 30 million euros? :shifty:

Weirdly enough I remember a contract being talked about that meant that if Ronaldo hadn't signed by the 30th of June, he'd get £30m

Could it be that he's waiting it out and signing on the 1st of July... knowing that he'll bank an extra 30m?

From what I heard, you got the wrong end of the stick. Real Madrid had to put a bid of above so much (I think 75m euros) before 30th June else pay him 30m Euros. If Madrid got a bid accepted and Ronaldo didn't accept an offer above so much (no idea what figure, but I'd assume one that he agreed with last summer) then he owes them 30m Euros.

It had nothing to do with the amount of the offer, the deal was, if Ronaldo didn't get offered a contract, he'd get about 20 million from Madrid.

Guest Ringmaster
Better than Ballack currently is, certainly.

Don't be so glum :shifty:

Deco was a player that was never going to fit in at Chelsea, back at Barca he did what Lampard did, not as well and he was lightweight. So that wasn't going to cut it at Chelsea. With Pirlo, on the other hand, you get a player that's:

A/ Not a lightweight

B/ The second greatest passer of the ball in the world.

Seriously, all he's gotta do is stand there and pass the ball. He could do wonders!

Besides, I've got the feeling Ancelotti's going to build his team around Essien. He's the player Ancelotti always been dreaming of, Gatusso V.2 :shifty:. Now with added speed, less temper and more goals!

With regards to the Ronaldo thing. The transfer window for the end of the 08/09 season is closed. All deals being made now won't be completed officially til July 1st because that's when the transfer window re-opens for the new season. Or at least that's what I remember seeing on SSN.

Today's media speculation is that Chelsea are going to steal Glen Johnson from under Liverpool's noses...so that they can sell Bosingwa to Bayern...so that some part-exchange deal can be done for Ribery.

Really, they're just playing connect the dots at this stage. :shifty:

With regards to the Ronaldo thing. The transfer window for the end of the 08/09 season is closed. All deals being made now won't be completed officially til July 1st because that's when the transfer window re-opens for the new season. Or at least that's what I remember seeing on SSN.

Actually, the transfer window re-opens on midnight of the last day of the season.

Actually, the transfer window re-opens on midnight of the last day of the season.

For England this is true. Spain's is July 1st though. I'm not sure how moves between them work...