The Twenty20 World Cup Thread

Surely there must be people here on EWB who are following this? minnows Netherlands are giving England one hell of a fight at the moment and need 12 to win from 9 balls.

I am happy as long as anyone other then India wins the tournament really, arrogant bastards.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ we're shitter than I expected. Then again, we hardly went for it either, typical England, we should've been looking to score 200+ against Netherlands, yet what do we do: 8 an over, seriously?

England have to beat Pakistan to get through I read. What have Holland gotta do? I don't follow cricket at all to be honest..

In other words can somebody give me a quick breakdown of how this tournament works? :P

Edited by Eddie 'AW' G

Well.. the original picture was on BBC Sport.. the writing and the effect done by yours truely.

Funny, saw it with that writing on an Aussie rugby league forum of all places.

Edit: They even linked it directly from your site. Aight, which one of you is it? :shuriken:

Edited by Zaz

England once again proving that, no matter how good we are at it at domestic level, they are complete shite at international level T20. Tbh a few things let us down here but there's too many to go into detail about. All I can say is that broad had three chances to get a wicket in the final over and missed all three. Hopefully England learn from this and come back stronger.

England have to beat Pakistan to get through I read. What have Holland gotta do? I don't follow cricket at all to be honest..

In other words can somebody give me a quick breakdown of how this tournament works? :P

All Holland have to do is hope that Pakistan beat England. basically three teams in each group play each other once, with the top two going through to the super 8's. In that each team play each other once and the top 4 teams in that go into the semi-Finals stage.

Hope that cleared it up for you a little (Y)