The Twenty20 World Cup Thread

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, this is cricket and Holland actually beat England? :w00t:

Yes, yes we did. :w00t:

I am going to be honest guys...... I am the db that posted on that rugby league site. Do you want me to credit you.

Naw, it's cool I was kidding about the credit :P

I didn't realise there were so many other aussies on here, so i thought I would get away with it.

haha, no probs. Just found it weird to see the same banner pop up on a totally unrelated board.

Yeah. Any batting lineup with Jayasuriya, Sangakkara and Dilshan in it in this format is always going to be dangerous. Plus there's the Mendis effect that the Aussies haven't faced yet.

I'd not be surprised if we won, but I'm not expecting us to.

Hopefully Sri Lanka upset the Aussies and send them home :w00t:

Sri Lanka are many critic's pick to win the tournament so I don't think it would be that big of an upset... :shifty:

Sri Lanka are a good team, but I wouldn't put them anywhere near favorites to be honest. Semi-finals at a stretch.

I dunno cos that'd be 2-2-2 in points, so I have no idea what'd happen.

Edit: It's done and net run rate, so I guess you could still lose and go through.

Edited by --Matt--

Pakistan have to win by about 46 runs to go through so the Netherlands could still lose and go through.

Pakistan have no form right now and a badly balanced team with awful fielding. I fancy Netherlands to lose but still go through with England which would mean England going through top of the group even after that defeat.