UEFA European U21 Championships

IAceI

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES! Get in!

Agbonlahor's been non existant for the whole tournament anyways, we'll probably miss Campbell and Hart. Keeper for Keeper change obviously and we'll just have to adjust with Walcott up front on his own with a bit of support.

Sweden have been the second (if not the) best team in the tournament, so I definitely think we can take Italy or Germany. If it's Italy I get a bit of a return from a bet and I'd like to see us play them rather than Italy again.

Sucks Hart got booked for having some cheeky banter with the opposition. Nazi ref.

Edited by IAceI

Hart's always been bad ass. I loved the Finland match because the crowd was dead so the commentator had to talk over Hart because all the microphones were picking up was him screaming "FUCKING GET BACK" "FUCKING GET OVER HERE" "FOR FUCKS SAKE GET HERE NOW FUCKING HELL".

Was awesome. Commentators blatantly trying to talk over it and ignore it and failing miserably.

I'm so happy right now. Feel sorry for Sweden, got a bit niggly later on but I want to see us play Italy, but if we play Germany again we'll have a pretty different squad. Joe Lewis will come in, he's more than capable of doing a good job in between the sticks as long as the defence are pretty tight. Then we have Walcott up front on his own spearheading the attack - the only position he's probably any good in given it doesn't mean passing or crossing - get Milner right up there playing off him on a wide position and make sure someone like Cattermole and Muamba are doing the covering with Noble in the middle as well, stick another winger out wide to support up front like Johnson.

Lewis

Cranie

Richards

Onuoha

Gibbs

Cattermole

Muamba

Noble

Milner

Johnson

Walcott

Personally I feel that has a chance of winning the Championship. I just hope that one doesn't come down to penalties! Also I said pre-tournament I was worried about our lack of striker depth, Agbonlahor picked up an early injury and has done pretty much nothing anyways. Walcott's blew hot-and-cold but needs to be good for 90minutes in the final. Campbell had been doing really well but the lead slipping and the momentum tourning seemed to get to him and he went mental (it wasn't an original booking on the keeper, he really couldn't stop but the second card was silly of him) so we have to rely on Walcott and some support.

We can take some solace, and possibly disappointment, in that our strikers aren't scoring the goals much. Our defence is it seems. <_<

OMG Did I just watch England win a penalty shoot out? My eyes must be decieving me :rolleyes:

I hope this will follow through to South Africa next year, with a few of these players in the squad i.e. Milner (shocking penalty reminded me of Beckham in Euro 2004). Then again we will probably lose on penalties on Monday against Italy/Germany, don't know who won that match

Admittedly I haven't seen much of Joe Lewis but I am guessing he's good considering Capello gave him a call up to the full squad and afterwards Ferdinand was raving about how good he is.

He's alright. Made a few errors but he's young obviously so that's to be expected I guess. Pretty sure the only reason he got near the full squad was because they couldn't be arsed flying anyone important out to Trinidad or wherever it was.

England Vs Germany bring it on, i just hope it doesn't go to penalties as lightning doesn't strike twice (England winning a penalty shoot out), it will be tough without Agbonglahoe, Campbell and Hart suspended but i haven't seen anything to worry me from the germans to stop us winning the trophy on Monday night