[Prototype]

LexChaney

The plot so far seems to be pretty interesting. I think you're *PLOT SPOILERS BE HERE*

gradually trying to remember who you are and what in the world is going on. From what I've gathered, you used to work in one way or another for either the military or the genetics labs responsible for everything. I believe you died at some point, and then as they are going to operate, you wake up - clearly now infected.
Getting powers is kind of RPG-esque. As you kill enemies and such you gain EP (Evolution Points) that you use to purchase upgrades/powers/moves/abilities.

And trav, they aren't Wolverine claws... they're actually your hands... not blades that come out of them :)

Edited by JairusCain

Played it for a couple of hours and, just like inFamous, I'm not impressed, seems like a generic smashy smashy game with half-hearted espionage, but I'm hoping it'll end up like inFamous and with playing it a bit more I might grow to enjoy it.

The most annoying part is you get to enjoy all the cool powers at the start... then they're taken away from you because it's a flashforward - what the fuck? Reminds me of Assasin's Creed and how pissed off I was with that game for doing it.

Just bought this and so far it's been crazy. I see how people could criticize the game; the graphics aren't always amazing (the buildings look bland), but then again the city is huge and the action is so fast paced that better graphics would probably cause frame lag, also the controls can be a bit tough sometimes (you want to attack someone facing you but instead you attack someone else further away), but I'm easily satisfied so I see through these things. It feels good to be a bad ass mo' fucker with powers and fly around from building to building, it's what made me buy this game in the first place. :w00t:

Controls are fucking atrocious. And outside of the cutscenes, it doesn't look too great either, can't even tell what hte fuck's going on in the fights. I've only been messing around with it for an hour or so, so I'll keep at it a bit, but inFamous was far easier to control, even if the powers sucked. Mercer's powers are far cooler, but it's a bitch to even keep him moving in the right direction, the time trials are ridiculously hard because of it, he jsut randomly flips off a wall in the opposite direction to where I'm trying to go.

I dont find the controls atrocious, just very unstable. They definetely need getting used to, and it doesn't seem that Prototype is a game you just sit down and play. However, they have balanced the controls and fast-paced actionized gameplay horrible which just makes for random button mashing and power usage instead of intelligent use of the skills and powers. I am enjoying the game somewhat, though. But it isn't a very god game at all.