Primeval

darkrayne

So is anyone else watching this? Have loved it since the beginning a few years ago...

I believe we are halfway thru series 3 on BBC AMerica and wonder if anyone enjoys it as much as I do?

I am seriously bummed by the cast changes but expect nothing less at this point.. and the previews for next week make another cast change obvious..

Anyone discuss?

At first I was gonna say "you're a little late!" but then realised you're American! This finished last week over here, I love the series, it's a top programme. I'm pretty sure it's Series 3 we've just had too, especially if it's got the cast changes in it. I actually like the modified cast, it lends itself to more action-based episodes.

Plus, it's got Hannah Spearritt in it. (Y)

Thanks.. yep American.... Yea Hannah Spearritt is a plus in anything.. definitely hot..

Now I know her from S Club 7 when I was much younger.. is there anything else I need to check out her in?

I do like the newer cast, just hate that things had to change... whoa!!

I run across this in another window, while checking my spelling... and am quite pissed

On 15 June 2009, ITV announced that they had cancelled the show and that there would not be a fourth series. At the same time, it was suggested that the production team would attempt to keep "Primeval alive in other ways."

An ITV spokesman is quoted as saying:

"After three very successful series of Primeval there are no plans at the present time for it to return to ITV. High-quality drama remains a key part of the ITV schedule although our current focus is on post-watershed productions."

Can someone tell me why they would cancel one of the best shows they have?

Although the keeping it alive in other ways... could that be the long awaited US spinoff or a new feature film?

I was curious as to why this was starting to air on SCIFI here in the states.. but if it was to be a cancelled programme then they musta signed the syndication deal early and knew they had three years of episodes ready for them....son of a bitch..

Edited by darkrayne

well it was drawing around 5 mil viewers in its timeslot.. ranked every week in the top 30 programmes on British TV.. so yes it was drawing well.. quite well.

After furthur research, I have discovered that it was axed due to severe budget cuts at ITV... shame really.

BTW why does everyone consider it rubbish?

Nothing about it was perfect.. but I really thought the acting was decent and the storylines were quite cool/original.

ITV budget cuts makes a fair bit of sense, but then again, most stuff that ITV put on is cack, so what do they expect?

And Primeval just fares bad when you compare it to something like Doctor Who, or maybe even Merlin, or anything that the BBC tends to wheel out. It suffers for being an ITV programme, basically.

ITV budget cuts makes a fair bit of sense, but then again, most stuff that ITV put on is cack, so what do they expect?

And Primeval just fares bad when you compare it to something like Doctor Who, or maybe even Merlin, or anything that the BBC tends to wheel out. It suffers for being an ITV programme, basically.

I'd rank Primeval above most BBC alternatives barring Who. Merlin was absolute gash and Robin Hood is incredibly hit or miss most of the time given that the Robin character is a lying, cheating little scumbag who is shoved down the viewers throat while they drive home the "oooh isn't he pretty and noble and oh so troubled" message.

I'd rank Primeval above most BBC alternatives barring Who. Merlin was absolute gash and Robin Hood is incredibly hit or miss most of the time given that the Robin character is a lying, cheating little scumbag who is shoved down the viewers throat while they drive home the "oooh isn't he pretty and noble and oh so troubled" message.

Admittedly, I'm throwing out what I think from what I've heard from others, and the fairly minimal amount I've seen of all of them. ITV's shows just always seem a little bit cheap and tacky, and although Merlin and Robin Hood might not have been so good in the long term, they where definitely a little bit more stylish. ITV's Demons was another example of an interesting premise, but what looked liked very ropey execution.

Who spunks on them all from a great height, though.

Edited by Jushin 'Thunder' Liam