Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Because the club is in huge trouble, he could wait - talk to them & say "when all this blows over, we'll settle it." He could, you know, be a gentleman. But nah, he'll be a twat & pile the misery on the club.

If he "waits" there's no promise of him getting anything out of it. At 1.7m he's probably last, or next to last in line of the debtors. The only way to ensure himself that he'll get something is to formally put the case forward while the club exists outside of administration.

I don't care who you are and how much you have ... 1.7m is still 1.7m and he has every right to that money.

• Like 1

Ultimately what pisses the Pompey fans off is that this could contribute to the "paying off club debt" before they can lift the transfer embargo. If they have £2m that the FA are holding back and you take away £1.7m... you're left with 300k... and that probably doesn't include the other clubs that haven't been fully paid off yet. I'd say that Pompy have no claim to a single penny of the withheld money thus cannot find the money to pay anyone to come in, thus the embargo doesn't matter.

Then again, everyone else in the Premier League has come to the conclusion that they're going down anyway so it doesn't matter.

Once again, ladies and gentlemen, we've seen proof that Bolton is nothing more than a useless piece of shit club that plays horrible football and can't keep their head cool when they should hold on to a fantastic result. The only reason I've ever felt sympathy for them is because I love Jääskeläinen, but I hope... no, I pray those cunts get relegated.

Fuck. <_<

• Like 1

Oh i have to laugh bolton go two up try to kick us every time we play them and then go and let in four goals and gallas breaks one of there fellas ankles justice? think so haha....just to add to that i also hope they go down and never come back up, I wish Coyle had stayed with Burnley bacause i like him

Edited by Bryan Blade

Let's say Portsmouth folds, are all their players then free agents?

If the players haven't been paid in 3 months then they can request for the league to terminate their contracts. The problem is that they actually have been paid... and probably will conveniently find a loan to make sure they don't have to release all their assets for free.

That's assuming they survive as a club, I'm guessing that if they start all over again then all the players will go on frees.

Which is hilarious if you think about the situation regarding Kevin-Prince Boateng. He can't move to another club in the January transfer window because he's already played at two clubs this season... and he's probably Pompeys biggest asset atm... meaning that Pompey are trying to sell him on a deal that lets him leave in the summer... but clubs could just wait a few weeks and sign him on the free agents deadline ¬_¬

I have a sneaky feeling this is why not a single Premier League club wants to spend any money on Pompey players, a load of them would make brilliant squad players for the Fulhams, the Hulls and the Wigans... but why spend more than 500k when they could just attempt to sign them in a few weeks time <_<

They can't buy any players until they clear all club debts

The Guardian reported that Muntari was the only deal that still needed to be sorted before the embargo goes

Udinese are owed £4m for Muntari

And somehow Portsmouth are going to pay that with the 2m owed by the FA?

I guess everyone has just decided to get their claims in whilst they still can considering the club has been given a winding up order. Ultimately it's only seen as digging the boot in to Portsmouth fans, if your team suddenly had to cut the budget for one year because a guaranteed income was not met... you'd be absolutely pissed.