Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

The Predictor for me pretty much sticks with my expectations at this stage, Hull relegated with a game to spare, Liverpool and Villa fade out of the top four race to allow Man City & Spurs to battle it out, and the title going down to the wire between the top three. Interestingly, if it did pan out like I've put in here, Spurs & Man City would fight for the Top 4 spot on the last day against the two teams fighting for survival, West Ham and Burnley.

Anyway, I messed up actually putting the image in, but it had Man Utd winning the title on 85, Arsenal second on 84, Chelsea third on 83. Man City on 71 just beat Spurs on 70, Villa in 6th on 68 ahead of Liverpool & Everton both on 64. At the bottom Hull go down on 28, Burnley on 30 with West Ham surviving on 33, and the rest at least 7 points clear of relegation.

A lot of Villa fans think now it would take something special to even finish 5th. A golden opportunity has been missed. O'Neills reluctance to play a quality RB is baffling, considering Cuellar is clearly not a RB, who cannot pass the pall at all.

• Like 1

A lot of Villa fans think now it would take something special to even finish 5th. A golden opportunity has been missed. O'Neills reluctance to play a quality RB is baffling, considering Cuellar is clearly not a RB, who cannot pass the pall at all.

I know he's not a RB but where's Wilfred Bouma, I thought he was fit?

I like Villa (of course), but unless they can arrange for United and Arsenal to both throw away their matches this weekend, I hope Chelsea batter them. :shifty:

I also really, really hope we don't get any more defensive injuries. We're only one away from having to play Jeffrey Bruma in the starting line-up.

Ah, I did the Predictor a few weeks ago. For some reason I always do all the games and it puts some teams on 36/37 games played.... which is weird. Can't be assed to upload it but even with some of the results I predicted having gone completely the wrong way I like how it's ended up. Man Utd winning the league with Arsenal second. Chelsea third with Liverpool fourth... which until our next slip up I still have confidence in. Man City next, Spurs sixth (but 5 points behind Liverpool... can't see that, for some frustrating reason Spurs haven't been throwing away easy results in the last few games... maybe there's still hope the Arsenal/Chelsea/Man Utd run will derail them)... my personal favourite is Everton in 7th which I still strongly believe will happen, at the expense of Villa in 8th.

Birmingham, Fulham, Stoke and Blackburn next... seems pretty likely they'll finish in that order, maybe Blackburn above Stoke? My two biggest errors are having West Ham in 13th, 7 points ahead of Bolton in 18th... whoops. The bottom few teams look pretty shit in fact. Liking my top 12 though.

I'm happy cos a) I'd actually prefer Chelsea to win the league out of the top 3 and b) this is severely dented (if not all but destroyed) Villa's hopes of taking fourth place.

Thing is, Friedel hasn't played that badly, every shot has been unstoppable.

Our game at Bolton now is massive and we're playing without Rio or Rooney. Pretty worried about today, we have tougher matches coming up and we need this win but Bolton are capable of getting a draw out of us at least. Macheda is our only striker on the bench. Wonder what the odds are for him to score the winner today.

So how long until Zola gets sacked now?

Knowing Sullivan, I'd say only an hour, but it is probably happening tonight. I just can't see how Zola gets to keep his job, especially with Sullivan in charge.

I must be psychic. I was about to check out the result of the Chelsea game during Arsenal-Birmingham and sarcasticly said to my brother "I bet it's like 5-1 or something, yay", and it was. Then, just seconds before Nasri scored, I said it looks like Arsenal will put it in in just a few moments. And after Nasri bottled his chance to make it 2-0 in stoppage time, I said "I bet Birmingham will score and Nasri commits suicide" - and about 30 seconds later Birmingham did score. 3/3, perfect. :D