The Hockey Thread

Clawson

As a Rangers fan who only has a casual interest in the sport even when my team is decent, all I can say is anyone but Pittsburgh please. The Capitals should change their team name to the Choking Dogs and their logo to a dog with a broken hockey stick in its mouth and a tooth on the ground Belanger style.

Round 2 picks:

Pittsburgh 4-2 Montreal

Philly 4-2 Boston

Detroit 4-3 San Jose

Chicago 4-3 Vancouver

All those "Flyers are the dark horse" people are probably sitting there nodding at the way round 1 shaped up. I can see them winning the Cup as easily as Chicago or Pittsburgh. Pronger is not to be messed with in the playoffs.

Edited by damshow

As a Rangers fan who only has a casual interest in the sport even when my team is decent, all I can say is anyone but Pittsburgh please.

As a Ranger fan and as a Wings fan, I second this!

I actually did believe Washington was going to lose tonight. Ovie just tried to do too much on his own, and I think the VS announcers nailed it when they said, "Washington is still playing like it's the regular season" They really didn't adapt to playoff hockey, and it was all about their offense.

Philly has Boston. Montreal are up against the Penguins.

Whoops. Montreal doesn't have a chance against Pittsburgh.

Though I'd love to completely agree with you because I'm a Pittsburgh fan, they do scare the shit out of me because the same thing was said about them against Washington and look how that turned out.

Philly has Boston. Montreal are up against the Penguins.

Whoops. Montreal doesn't have a chance against Pittsburgh.

Though I'd love to completely agree with you because I'm a Pittsburgh fan, they do scare the shit out of me because the same thing was said about them against Washington and look how that turned out.

I totally agree with you that the Habs are a scary opponent right now, but let's not compare our Pens to the Capitals.

The Penguins actually play with some grit, they play defense, they aren't afraid to get physical with teams, and they will adapt and change their gameplan if things don't work right away.

Not to mention that Evgeni Malkin's parents will be in town for this series. He's set to go off.

I think the series will be close because Montreal is a hot team, but the Pens are built for the playoffs. Washington wasn't.

I am entirely shocked - I mean, I almost entirely wrote the Habs off when I saw their place in the playoffs but I guess that shut my mouth up. Amazing comeback that I never expected in a million years.. hell, my father and I were just excited that they won a single game at first.

I'm cheering Monteal on. I can't stand the penguins and an early exit will make me happy. Of course after Montreal knocks off the penguins, they can then suck it! ....unless they play philly, in which case ROCK ON MONTREAL!

I don't think it's a coincidence that GYS hasn't been seen or heard from in years, though.