The Hockey Thread

Clawson

Germans are the host team, so of course they're going to play out of their fucking minds. Denmark has been a strong club and in that Finland game, Rinne just fell asleep.

The game is far from over, but Montreal is up 3-0 on Pittsburgh. If they can play solid defence, they will be in the Conference finals and will have beaten the two top teams from the East to do it.

A part of me wants to see Montreal lose, but I just really can't stand the Penguins.

The Pens have 2 periods to come back. I would love to see them tie it up and have the game go to overtime.

The Penguins getting blown out of a game 7 at home is about as satisfying as anything I can think of in sports.

and I really liked you too... :(

Blame Chase. Any team he supports instantly becomes one I want to see lose all the time :)

• Like 2

The Penguins getting blown out of a game 7 at home is about as satisfying as anything I can think of in sports.

Blame Chase. Any team he supports instantly becomes one I want to see lose all the time :)

Which is why I had so much difficulty with this series.

On the one hand, every single cell of my body, every strand of my mind, every fragment of my soul screams out against the hated enemy in red, and all I want to do is see them fail and fall.

On the other hand, Chase.

• Like 1

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=321326

That seems like some positive news for the Islanders. As long as they can stay in that area, I will be happy. I know that Charles Wang has had a lot of trouble getting his plans in Long Island through city council. This sounds like a great second option that would keep that Islanders in New York and see them associated with the Mets.

Wow. What can I say? Despite total domination at times, the Pens did not deserve to win this series.

It's just a shame that the fucking Habs had to be the ones to end the Igloo's life.

Ah well...we'll win it all again next year.

Wow. I'd say I'm flattered but honestly, if you care about me that much then you're pretty fucking pathetic.

I don't think Mellon Arena closing is a big deal. In its final years, it was an awful arena. I can remember games between the Leafs and Penguins being delayed because of power issues. I can't wait to see the Penguins in a new, modern arena.

From almost moving out of the state to a Stanley Cup and a new arena. It's been an eventful decade for the Penguins.

I don't think Mellon Arena closing is a big deal. In its final years, it was an awful arena. I can remember games between the Leafs and Penguins being delayed because of power issues. I can't wait to see the Penguins in a new, modern arena.

From almost moving out of the state to a Stanley Cup and a new arena. It's been an eventful decade for the Penguins.

Oh no question it was a shit hole, but it was OUR shit hole.

The Mellon is a historic place and it's the place where whole generations of hockey fans in Pittsburgh grew to love the sport and the team. I myself have too many memories of that building to count.

Sure the Powerhouse is going to be awesome, but a part of me still misses Three Rivers Stadium, so I'll always have a spot in my heart for the Igloo.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Wow. What can I say? Despite total domination at times, the Pens did not deserve to win this series.

It's just a shame that the fucking Habs had to be the ones to end the Igloo's life.

Ah well...we'll win it all again next year.

Nice bookend though, the Habs won the first hockey game there too.

Oh no question it was a shit hole, but it was OUR shit hole.

The Mellon is a historic place and it's the place where whole generations of hockey fans in Pittsburgh grew to love the sport and the team. I myself have too many memories of that building to count.

Sure the Powerhouse is going to be awesome, but a part of me still misses Three Rivers Stadium, so I'll always have a spot in my heart for the Igloo.

That's true. If I was a regular at Pens games, I'd probably miss the old place too.

Yeah, I guess it's better to lose the Habs then some joke team like Philly or Washington.

I still Maxim Lapierre develops herpes which he then spreads around the whole Montreal locker room, but it could've been worse. It could've been another Stanley Cup loss.

ok..so I'm watching the Flyers/Bruins series..flyers up 2-0 in game 6 after having been down 3-0 in the series. How many playoff series have started 3-0 and gone 7 games?