Damn, I cannot wait for...

ThePhenom07

Idlewild, Kings of Leon, Gaslight Anthem, Blur, Passion Pit, Foals and Friendly Fires at T In The Park.

And the campsite ^_^

The campsite? Seriously? Dude I love T and all but the campsite is fucking awful. Good banter but the facilities are awful, this year they've expanded it by 5,000 so it's going to be even more crowded, portaloos are going to be blocked quicker and there's NO DURACELL TENT!!!

Bring on Lethangie!

Metallica and Lamb of God are playing around here this fall. I've always wanted to see Metallica so I'm going to try and check that out. Other than that, I'm quite excited for the new Slayer album. From what I've read about it, it's shaping up to be something special. I loved the new track they released for Record Store Day.

I never know what CDs come out most of the time, until maybe a day or two before it's released.

As for gigs, I'm going to see Burning Spear next Wednesday and then a bluegrass festival a week after that. Very tempted to see Ronnie Earl in late August. There's other stuff that is tempting, but I might hold back on that - Paul McCartney, Gov't Mule, Electric Zoo festival, among others.

All I know is that September is when most of my most anticipated albums are coming out, which sucks because summer isn't summer without a kickass new album to listen to. Guess I'll have to make do with Dream Theater and Chinese Democracy.

So far I'm waiting for:

Muse - The Resistance

Rammstein - New Album

Porcupine Tree - The Incident (they're releasing a 40+ min song :D )

Pearl Jam (I think?)

Alice in Chains

Paramore - Butterfly?

Megadeth - Endgame (not too hyped, but should be intresting)

Beatles remasters (maybe pick up Abbey Road)

And those unlikely to hit this year

Rush (they're apparently working on a new album soon)

Daft Punk (They're doing the score for the next Tron film)

Sleep (I've heard they've reformed, but no clue on new stuff)

Pixies (see above)

Blur (see above)

Radiohead (I hear they're in the studio again)

Manic Street Preachers (They apparently started work right after JFPL)

Should be a solid line up of albums this year, and if one or two albums from the second list creep into this years schedule it'll be perfect.

Idlewild, Kings of Leon, Gaslight Anthem, Blur, Passion Pit, Foals and Friendly Fires at T In The Park.

And the campsite ^_^

The campsite? Seriously? Dude I love T and all but the campsite is fucking awful. Good banter but the facilities are awful, this year they've expanded it by 5,000 so it's going to be even more crowded, portaloos are going to be blocked quicker and there's NO DURACELL TENT!!!

Bring on Lethangie!

It's the atmosphere and the banter I'm there for. The actual campsite is and always will be an aboslute shithole, it's the people there that make it what it is.

And as a bonus, a friend of mine stays in Kinross and says I go to her flat for a shower if I want. Resulterino (H)

I would like Belle & Sebastian to release something new cause it's been like three years. Apart from that I just take it as it comes you know. I'm not really too worked up about anything at the moment.

Oh and I can't wait for Michael Jackson's shows at the O2 Arena.

I'm sure those will be awesome. :)

I cannot wait for:

Third Eye Blind's new album. Seriously. Hurry the fuck up.

Alice In Chains.

Devin Townsend's second album of the four he's working on. I really liked Ki.

And.. is there anyone else really, really, REALLY anticipating:

time.jpg

OH! And I REALLY hope to see Heaven & Hell in San Jose next month.

And as for things that have pleased me this year:

Dredg - The Pariah, The Parrot, and the Delusion -- I saw them in March. I came. Twice.

Blue October - Approaching Normal

Heaven & Hell - The Devil You Know

Pariah was amazing. It showcases Dredg's ability to evolve. Of course it's not El Cielo. Nothing will ever be El Cielo. Ever. Just think of it this way..

Leitmotif - nu-metal Dredg with progressive leanings

El Cielo - Amazing concept album that makes me jizz my pants.

Catch Without Arms - Straight-forward and to-the-point with a theme. Just a good alternative rock album.

And finally, The Pariah, The Parrot, and the Delusion - This is Dredg's venture into more poppy themes. It's really fucking catchy and very well put. I saw like half of this album performed live, even Long Nights and Vague Clues. Amazing to see live.

"Catch Without Arms" is easily my favourite Dredg release. So many gorgeous melodies on that album. "Planting Seeds", "Not That Simple", "Sang Real", "Spitshine", "Zebraskin", "Catch Without Arms", "Matroshka"...so good.

Some fabulous tracks on the new one too, but there's a couple of slack tracks (just like "El Cielo")...whereas "Catch Without Arms" is perfect all the way through. "Gathering Pebbles", "Mourning This Morning" (IT SOUNDS LIKE A FUCKING WHAM! SONG!!) and "Information" etc, are bloody brilliant though.

They played a single London date not that long ago, I was originally going to go, but (my lack of) funds got in the way.

Edited by YI

You have a fucking shit memory. :shifty:

YOU: I took this photo of some band

ME: She's fit...who are they?

YOU: Washington Irving or something

ME: Yeah, looked familiar, I linked you to their myspace earlier in the week

YOU: oh....you did?

And a million other conversations like it...where somehow I seem to remember more about your life than you do. :shifty: